New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New fish

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New fish

Hi all,

New here and to biking in general. Always an admirer of mechanical things it was only a matter of time since I got on the horse Anyway I bought a rundown 600f3 for a few hundred euros. Believe it or not I wanted to start this way so I could restore it and figure out bikes at the same time rather than sink a couple of grand on something prestine and be afraid to touch it in fear of breaking it. It was a learning curve to say the least when the 1st week I had it I changed the wiring loom Here's a link to some photos on dropbox that I took along the way. It's by no means finished

The bike I had bought was stunted, which I didnt know what that was at the time. They hacked back all the front of the loom as they didnt need lights or the dash. The rear frame was chopped off and replaced with what I'm guessing is a 03-05 600rr, also didnt know due to inexperience at time of purchase Anyway I'm still not riding it on a daily basis until it's restored and was browsing this site often as a reference so decided to join you guys. Hope to see y'all round the forums.

Jim

Last edited by Guyver0_o; 01-02-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jim.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum Jim,

It is a good attitude that you have with regards to riding and fettling! I know of a few people who buy a pristine bike and then are hesitant to ride because they might scratch or break it!

Fix it and get out there and ride.

Cheers, SB

Old 01-03-2014, 07:34 AM

That's a project for sure. Looks, from the photo's, like it's coming along well though. Good on you for bringing one back! (looks like new tires are in your future)

Old 01-03-2014, 08:22 AM

Welcome.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome to the party Jim. she's got some visible areas that could use some love, but this is the sort of thing that can turn into a rewarding project. that RR tail isn't scabbed on too badly, it could actually be more of a nice unique feature when all's said and done. enjoy your new project!

Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Old Skool Welcomer

Welcome Jim!
Good luck with the bike :-D

Old 01-03-2014, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by regener8ed
That RR tail isn't scabbed on too badly, it could actually be more of a nice unique feature when all's said and done. Enjoy your new project!
I'm still mulling over completely restoring it to factory or leaving it custom. It would be easier for sure finding parts if it was a complete f3. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to find out what the tail was actually from I like the 600rr tails more so than the stock ones so I'll probably leave it. I'm thinking about welding up an under tail exhaust. Think it'll look sweet!

Originally Posted by chuck1073
That's a project for sure. Looks, from the photo's, like it's coming along well though. Good on you for bringing one back! (looks like new tires are in your future)
I dont understand why people ruin good machines the way the previous guy did and I did indeed shell out on front and back tyres since

Any of you guys know where to get a 600rr tail online? I'm trying to find the under fairing plastics with the lock in it for the seat too, thats the next job.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

... and now that I really look at it, it looks like a 954 tail, not a 600.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Guyver0_o
You wouldn't believe how long it took me to find out what the tail was actually from
Originally Posted by regener8ed
... and now that I really look at it, it looks like a 954 tail, not a 600.
See! Those were the ones I narrowed it down to. I might take it off and get a few detailed images up. Ye guys prolly be able to tell me straight off the bat. On the plastic underneath the fairing it has 600rr written on it.

Quick Reply: New fish