New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New F4i owner from Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New F4i owner from Colorado

Hey guys!

I'm Matt. I currently live in Gunnison, but will be moving to the Denver area in about a month after I graduate from WSC.

I bought my F4i last October because my brother bought a 1000RR about six months earlier (both 2004s) He can't have more toys than me!

I'll probably do a lot of browsing around here, but it looks like a great place for info and ideas.

P.S. Kilgore, I seriously finished Slaughterhouse 5 (3rd time reading it) like 2 hours before discovering this forum)

Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello and welcome. Going to the mile high city !!! If any questions, post them up in the great 600 section that the Forum has. Also invited your brother to join, Can't have enough members . Ride Safe

Old 04-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, Matt! Welcome to the CBRF!

P.S. Kilgore, I seriously finished Slaughterhouse 5 (3rd time reading it) like 2 hours before discovering this forum)
That's awesome, man! I love his books.... all of them. Glad you like him, too. I'd easily put him in the top 5 greatest American writers ever. Vonnegut was an absolute pro, and a great man.
If you haven't read his other books, you should. Slaughterhouse 5 is a good one, and there are so many others.....
Personal opinion, but I liked "Hocus Pocus", "Cat's Cradle", "Jailbird", "Mother Night", and "God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater" even more than SH5.
And if you just need a book for a funny story once in a while, pick up "Welcome to the Monkey House". Good stuff, man...
In fact, here's a short story he wrote in '61 if you have a minute.... it's called "Harrison Bergeron" .....(if you haven't read it)

I think it sucks that less and less young people are reading good books like his. TV is slowly ****ing entire generations. Mark Twain is barely a household name anymore....

It was a sad day when Mr. Vonnegut died..... But at least we know he's up in Heaven now.......

Old 04-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie

Hi & welcome to CBRF!
Lots of F4i riders here so be sure to visit the F4i forum if you have any questions on your new bike.
Have fun,ride safe & enjoy the forum

Old 04-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

Hey there shawshank24, congrats on the bike. One blessed thing about CO, it's the awesome canyon roads.
Check out Colorado Sportbike Club for local meets (if you haven't yet).
Welcome to CBRF

Old 04-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
Hello and welcome. Going to the mile high city !!! If any questions, post them up in the great 600 section that the Forum has. Also invited your brother to join, Can't have enough members . Ride Safe
i will tell him about the site, but he's pretty computer-illiterate haha.

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Hey, Matt! Welcome to the CBRF!

That's awesome, man! I love his books.... all of them. Glad you like him, too. I'd easily put him in the top 5 greatest American writers ever. Vonnegut was an absolute pro, and a great man.
If you haven't read his other books, you should. Slaughterhouse 5 is a good one, and there are so many others.....
Personal opinion, but I liked "Hocus Pocus", "Cat's Cradle", "Jailbird", "Mother Night", and "God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater" even more than SH5.
And if you just need a book for a funny story once in a while, pick up "Welcome to the Monkey House". Good stuff, man...
In fact, here's a short story he wrote in '61 if you have a minute.... it's called "Harrison Bergeron" .....(if you haven't read it)

I think it sucks that less and less young people are reading good books like his. TV is slowly ****ing entire generations. Mark Twain is barely a household name anymore....

It was a sad day when Mr. Vonnegut died..... But at least we know he's up in Heaven now.......
i had an english teacher that told me i had to read it. i'm not much of a reader... but it's a really good book. i'll check out some of this other stuff.

Originally Posted by hondajunkie
Hi & welcome to CBRF!
Lots of F4i riders here so be sure to visit the F4i forum if you have any questions on your new bike.
Have fun,ride safe & enjoy the forum
thanks man!

Originally Posted by Incognito
Hey there shawshank24, congrats on the bike. One blessed thing about CO, it's the awesome canyon roads.
Check out Colorado Sportbike Club for local meets (if you haven't yet).
Welcome to CBRF
yeah, there's a ton of roads already on my 'to-do' list. can't wait to get on some of them! i grew up in silverton, co and can't wait to go back and do red mountain pass.