New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New CBR Owner and Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 07:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New CBR Owner and Rider

Hello everyone! My name is Greg and I'm a new rider and new to the group. Just bought a 2004 Honda CBR 600F4I for the girlfriend and myself to learn on and get comfortable riding. So far it is am absolutely outstanding first bike and I have loved every minute of riding. I'm from the Chicago suburbs way west and am a huge car guy having a 1990 celica alltrac as a project and the gf having a 1969 Volkswagen beetle as her project. Hope to meet some other local riders and attend some cruises or rides soon. I look forward to chatting with everyone!

The following users liked this post:
Doc Samson (06-14-2020)
Old 06-14-2020, 08:03 PM
Welcome crew
Received 212 Likes on 191 Posts

Welcome! Nice to hear your gal is interested in riding, too! That's awesome!

You mention this is your first bike. Do you have any prior experience riding? How long have you been on the F4i? Love that color scheme, btw!

Old 06-14-2020, 08:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the welcome!

Both the girlfriend and I took the riding course last summer local to us that went for 3 days and ended with both of us passing and just had to go to the DMV to get the license changed. I've only been riding the F4I for about 3 weeks trying to take it out and learn as much as possible even if it's just to go about the block. I live in a kind of rural area so started with taking it just on country roads to get a feel for the bike and have slowly worked into going on busier roads but still learning everyday!

Thanks! All my cars always have to have red on them haha.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:45 AM
Welcome crew
Received 212 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Celicadude93
Thank you for the welcome!

Both the girlfriend and I took the riding course last summer local to us that went for 3 days and ended with both of us passing and just had to go to the DMV to get the license changed. I've only been riding the F4I for about 3 weeks trying to take it out and learn as much as possible even if it's just to go about the block. I live in a kind of rural area so started with taking it just on country roads to get a feel for the bike and have slowly worked into going on busier roads but still learning everyday!

Thanks! All my cars always have to have red on them haha.
Yeah, man, always nice to hear from new riders!

That's a good start! I've only been riding a few years, so not an expert by any means, but I would strongly encourage you to check out a few tutorial channels on YT. There are so many things to learn that it can be overwhelming at times. Being able to recognize which skills are most important and focusing on them is a great way to get comfortable and learn the bike. These bikes are pretty tame/forgiving at the lower rpm range but not so much when it hits 7-8k! I've had more than few "Oh, ****!" moments because I got carried away (literally) with my love for the throttle!

Take your time and enjoy!

Old 06-16-2020, 06:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool man, welcome! I like the F4 and the Celica too! I been riding just about a month too and I’ve been following the same advice, take your time.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:08 AM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

welcome and hi take care