New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New CBR Owner

Old 06-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CBR Owner

I have lurked for a bit and now that I have my bike its time to say hi!

I picked up the white silver 07 and I'm glad I went through the trouble of getting this color scheme. It just looks awesome.

Yes this is my first bike, and I know that there is no excuse for not starting smaller. Nuff said.

First day with the bike, I left it in the garage and drank alot of beer and looked at it alot.

Day 2 is today and I took it around the block twice. My bike now has 1 mile on it. (I watched them take it out of the crate. Kinda cool.)

This bike scares me more than I thought it would. I stalled once making a right hand turn from a stop and started heading for the curb. Target fixation, even though I was aware of it, is hard to shake when your nervous. I was going slow enough to brake, but I sure looked funny having to back the bike up. I'm looking forward to the MSF. Over the next week or two I will spend alot of time just getting used to the bike around the neighborhood. I'll start practicing panic stops soon.

I will say that the sensative throttle is crazy. The power did put a smile on my face though. I'm looking forward to devoloping the skills to handle it safely. I know, I know,I should already have them on this bike.

Thanks for reading!

Drekkyk

Oh, I'm 31 and in Westland MI. I should have started riding when I lived in AZ! Much moreseason to ride

Old 06-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Mad
Default RE: New CBR Owner

Welcome to the site. You'll learn a lot from the MSF course. It sounds like you have a level head so have fun and watch out for the other guy....

Old 06-02-2007, 05:27 PM

Congrats. Take your time learning and get all you can out of the MSF class. It helps a lot.

Also, post up pics.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:59 PM

I'll get some decent pics up as soon as I can. I dont have mods yet so it looks like all the other white CBRs

Helmet question: I dont think the dealer fit me well. The helmet is tight and snug,and comforatable except in my cheeks. It really squeezez them and I look funny. Dealer said that part will break in. Its a Sheoi RF1000. Thoughts?

Old 06-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The helmet should fit tight and firm, if not means its not suitable for you. I believe its the feeling of not used to wearing a full faced helmet, thats all.

Trust me, once you start hitting the road fast.. i mean very fast, you will wish to have a more tighter helmet.

IS it sheoi or shoei?? Good brand though. There are so many good brand out there like nolan, agv, arai..

Old 06-04-2007, 01:00 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 06-04-2007, 11:40 AM

Yes, Its a Shoei. Too many vowels...

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2007, 12:45 PM

Welcome Aboard--------Enjoy the Show.
We like pics of new bikes....
And as far as your helmet is concerned a tight fitting helmet wont move around on you later when u start to get up to speed...

Old 06-04-2007, 03:24 PM

Hello and welcome!!! Learn a lot from the MSF, and enjoy the new CBR!!

Old 06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Retired Moderator

Glad to have you with us. Sounds like you have a good amount of common sense and self preservation. You're going to really appreciate the MSF course. It'll help put you at ease. Welcome to the site.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New CBR Owner