New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New CBR Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CBR Owner

I have lurked for a bit and now that I have my bike its time to say hi!

I picked up the white silver 07 and I'm glad I went through the trouble of getting this color scheme. It just looks awesome.

Yes this is my first bike, and I know that there is no excuse for not starting smaller. Nuff said.

First day with the bike, I left it in the garage and drank alot of beer and looked at it alot.

Day 2 is today and I took it around the block twice. My bike now has 1 mile on it. (I watched them take it out of the crate. Kinda cool.)

This bike scares me more than I thought it would. I stalled once making a right hand turn from a stop and started heading for the curb. Target fixation, even though I was aware of it, is hard to shake when your nervous. I was going slow enough to brake, but I sure looked funny having to back the bike up. I'm looking forward to the MSF. Over the next week or two I will spend alot of time just getting used to the bike around the neighborhood. I'll start practicing panic stops soon.

I will say that the sensative throttle is crazy. The power did put a smile on my face though. I'm looking forward to devoloping the skills to handle it safely. I know, I know,I should already have them on this bike.

Thanks for reading!

Drekkyk

Oh, I'm 31 and in Westland MI. I should have started riding when I lived in AZ! Much moreseason to ride

Old 06-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Mad
Default RE: New CBR Owner

Welcome to the site. You'll learn a lot from the MSF course. It sounds like you have a level head so have fun and watch out for the other guy....

Old 06-02-2007, 05:27 PM

Congrats. Take your time learning and get all you can out of the MSF class. It helps a lot.

Also, post up pics.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:59 PM

I'll get some decent pics up as soon as I can. I dont have mods yet so it looks like all the other white CBRs

Helmet question: I dont think the dealer fit me well. The helmet is tight and snug,and comforatable except in my cheeks. It really squeezez them and I look funny. Dealer said that part will break in. Its a Sheoi RF1000. Thoughts?

Old 06-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The helmet should fit tight and firm, if not means its not suitable for you. I believe its the feeling of not used to wearing a full faced helmet, thats all.

Trust me, once you start hitting the road fast.. i mean very fast, you will wish to have a more tighter helmet.

IS it sheoi or shoei?? Good brand though. There are so many good brand out there like nolan, agv, arai..

Old 06-04-2007, 01:00 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 06-04-2007, 11:40 AM

Yes, Its a Shoei. Too many vowels...

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2007, 12:45 PM

Welcome Aboard--------Enjoy the Show.
We like pics of new bikes....
And as far as your helmet is concerned a tight fitting helmet wont move around on you later when u start to get up to speed...

Old 06-04-2007, 03:24 PM

Hello and welcome!!! Learn a lot from the MSF, and enjoy the new CBR!!

Old 06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Retired Moderator

Glad to have you with us. Sounds like you have a good amount of common sense and self preservation. You're going to really appreciate the MSF course. It'll help put you at ease. Welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: New CBR Owner