New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New to this

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this

im new to this kind of thing, but i been looking at things recently on which bike i rlly wanna get for my first bike.....i'm hoping to get some help with this. i rlly want a 05 cbr 600rr, ppl ask me why i picked an 05, well it wont be to exspensive and not to cheap, its a few yrs old but i figured for my first bike itd be better than 2012 or something, i just wanna kno if i should get the cbr600rr for my first bike????....i rlly like everyhting bout the bike only thing is ive never driven one, so idk

Old 08-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jake773
...i just wanna kno if i should get the cbr600rr for my first bike????....i rlly like everyhting bout the bike only thing is ive never driven one, so idk
Welcome to the forum Jake!

Well, that really is a loaded question. It really depends on what your maturity level is & how you are approaching becoming a rider. Most of us experienced riders would suggest starting on something smaller. However, that doesn't mean that you can't start on the '05 600rr. You should check into the MSF Course Motorcycle Safety Foundation. The course teaches basic riding technique & safety. Its a good foundation for any rider. Build upon those techniques to become a safe & responsible rider. If you approach riding in this manner, sure, you can start on the 600rr. Just recognize the power that the bike has, the increased level at which things happen w/a bike of larger displacement, & the ability you'll need to accomplish learning on that particular model.

Just do your research, homework, & take the safety course...& you should be ok.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome Jake.
+1 to what gotcbr said. But...how do you know that you "like everything about the bike," never having even ridden one? Most start older, cheaper, and smaller to learn on and to find out what they like, or even if they like riding. Riding is not for everyone...
Where are you located?

Last edited by 74demon; 08-22-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:15 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

+2 Gotcbr & Demon...but understand that the love we have for motorcycle is timeless...meaning doesn't really matter with age or how old the bike is...if it's been care for, older bikes are very nice too....of course if money was not an issue, I'll get one of every 4 year model changes by Honda. Being your first bike, there are many things to consider like what Gotcbr & Demon said...if it was my first bike, I rather focus on something that can help me better my skills...cause dropping it, is sooner or later.