New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

my first bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first bike?

so i've always wanted to get a bike, but its gonna be tough convincing my mama bear and the g/f to get one. i think i'm just going to surprise them.

my co worker who has a honda cbr 600, is selling his stunt bike which is a f4i to me for 2500...its a stunt bike, so i know its going to be beat. but he showed me a pic of it and its not too bad. i still have to see it in person.

but the question i'm asking is, is it worth it to buy a beat bike and learn to ride on it, like the stunt bike. soo even if i do wreck, i know i'll wreck it on a beat bike, compared to a used-great condition bike.

its my first bike, but i just wanna see if thats a good price and if its worth learning on it. throwing in a helmet, and two tires with mods already on the bike.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:26 AM

That doesn't sound like a terrible deal and the plus side of not worrying to keep it in mint condition is always a plus.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by abeer1
That doesn't sound like a terrible deal and the plus side of not worrying to keep it in mint condition is always a plus.
thats exactly what i was thinking, its not gonna be a bike to show off, just more to practice so i wouldn't be scared to wreck a better condition bike.

its already be fairly modded he said, and comes with helmet, tires and other things. he's also going to teach me how to ride which is a plus.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not saying that its a bad idea to buy a beater bike, but i think its a bad idea to spend that much money on a beater bike. For 2500 you can buy a super clean bike. I bought a super clean F2 and my friend bought a super clean F4 for that price. Personally, theres no way in hell Id spend 2500 on a beat up bike. My 2 cents.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, I'd agree that it's pretty hard to tell much without looking at the bike and hearing it run, etc. Like others have said, you can find clean bikes for that. Maybe not many F4is, but for just a little more money you could even find them if that's what you really want.
i think i'm just going to surprise them.
Haha!! That's one way to do it. But if you're gonna go this route, don't say ANYTHING to either one of them. You have to act like you can't understand why owning a bike would even be an issue..

Welcome to CBRF!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:45 PM

haha, i'm getting pictures tonight..i'm not new to forums, as i'm on them a lot with my cars...soo i should've known better to post pictures..hopefully i'll get as knowledgable with bikes as i am with my car.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To be honest, I think it's a horrible idea.

A stunt bike has been more than dropped. Its been battered. It may not look too bad but it could be structurally weakened in the process. This being your first bike, the one thing you have to be sure about is that the bike is sound. You'll go through enough trying to gain confidence in your own skills. And losing faith in humanity when you see how little regard the cages give your life

$2500 should get you a used bike that you won't feel bad if you drop. But one that's had a lot gentler treatment during its life. If you're set on his bike tho, I'd suggest trying to convince a qualified Honda mechanic to go with you (they'll do a side job like that I'm sure).

Old 10-06-2009, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
To be honest, I think it's a horrible idea.

A stunt bike has been more than dropped. Its been battered. It may not look too bad but it could be structurally weakened in the process. This being your first bike, the one thing you have to be sure about is that the bike is sound. You'll go through enough trying to gain confidence in your own skills. And losing faith in humanity when you see how little regard the cages give your life

$2500 should get you a used bike that you won't feel bad if you drop. But one that's had a lot gentler treatment during its life. If you're set on his bike tho, I'd suggest trying to convince a qualified Honda mechanic to go with you (they'll do a side job like that I'm sure).

yeaah, i totally understand what you mean..he just doesn't ride it anymore, and just wants to sell it..i've been searching everywhere for a bike for a descent price..his was the only one i found, sadly yes it is a stunt bike. i'm getting the pictures soon, soo hopefully i can post it tonight.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:55 AM

buy it, u gona crash it, no worrys,,no heartbreak(well,,2500 worth of heart break),,then get a kawasaki,,,,J/K,,J/K,,J/K,,J/K,,(its 1am,,we hammerd)