New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Just saying hi!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just saying hi!!

Hey everyone!! My name is Kenny and I'm from Indiana. I'm 22 years old and have always been interested in bikes... I'm a huge Honda fan and refuse to buy anything other than Honda... Therefore I am here to learn more about CBRs and decide which bike I should get... I dont have much knowledge of bikes as Ive never owned or even ridden one... But I am really excited and ready to get on and ride!!

Looking forward to all the advice and hopefully I will have a bike soon and maybe go for a ride with some midwest guys!!!

Later,
Kenny

Old 06-11-2009, 11:50 PM

Hey, thanks for the welcome...

I've been getting a lot of grief from my local friends about wanting to jump right on a bike when I've never even riden as much as a dirt bike before. But I'm hoping to find a cheap, maybe even beat up 600 and taking it out to an empty parking lot at the mall or something real late and just going at it... I know for a fact that I will probably get scratched up and some road rash my first few nights of parking lot riding but I'm not too worried...

I don't know anyone with dirt bikes that I could use to "get the feel" for riding. And I don't have the money (college student and father) to just buy a dirt bike to learn. So I was just going to buy a used bike that I could ride to school, then sell it this winter and get what I REALLY want next season...

Do you think that I should just go ahead and get a beat up 600 or try finding a deal on a dirt bike? I was intending to ride to school (about 1 hour drive on the interstate) because gas is CRAZY, which I couldn't do on a dirt bike... Just give me some opinions/ideas I guess... They would be much appreciated!!

Thanks guys,
Kenny

Old 06-12-2009, 07:25 AM

I would consider myself a smart and safe driver. I have had alot of friends hurt themselves on bikes and have seen the damage that unsafe riding can do. I will, no matter what size bike I get, make sure that I am completely comfortable and can assure my safety and others safety before getting on the road.

Kenny

Old 06-20-2009, 07:58 PM

also, go to an msf class, even before you have a bike. the best $110 you will ever spend on a bike, and that will get you the feel you are looking for with a LOT of good knowledge thrown in for measure