New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Just bought my first bike a 02 f4i

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my first bike a 02 f4i

Well im new to bikes and taking it slow for now but i love riding it. Its a 02 f4i with 5k miles on it. Black and red with a m4 high pipe and carbon mirrors as the only mods. So if anyone has anything to let me know about this bike please post up. Any tips will help me out alot. Should i stick to honda oil and plug? When does the chain/sprocket need to be replaced and whats the normal temps you guys see when riding around for a lil while? I think mine has hit 210 max i just want to know everything is fine. Also does anyone know where i can download a free owners manual? Here are pics off my camera phone ill have more to come

Old 05-31-2005, 02:57 AM
Default RE: Just bought my first bike a 02 f4i

that is one sweet looking ride!! congrats. look on ebay for a manual. you might have some luck there. welcome!!

Old 05-31-2005, 03:25 PM

Welcome to the boards. Nice looking bike you have? Is it your first bike? If so, have you taken the MSF class?

As far as oil, it's totally up to you. Just make sure you use motorcycle oil. Synthetic would be best. I use Motul or Mobil 1 motorcycle synthetic when I find it. You don't have to use Honda parts unless thats your preference.

As far as the chain & sprocket, most factory ones will last 10k to 20k miles before you have to replace them. Just look at it and visually inspect it often and clean & lube the chain a few times a month and you will be fine.

Old 06-04-2005, 04:58 PM

Welcome! I'm gonna ride Neons leg like i always do and concure w/ wud he said! yeah checkout da Ebay action ya might find one there. post sum pix soon!

Old 06-04-2005, 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: NeonspeedRT

Welcome to the boards. Nice looking bike you have? Is it your first bike? If so, have you taken the MSF class?

As far as oil, it's totally up to you. Just make sure you use motorcycle oil. Synthetic would be best. I use Motul or Mobil 1 motorcycle synthetic when I find it. You don't have to use Honda parts unless thats your preference.

As far as the chain & sprocket, most factory ones will last 10k to 20k miles before you have to replace them. Just look at it and visually inspect it often and clean & lube the chain a few times a month and you will be fine.
Yeah its my first bike and im going to take the MSF course real soon. Im getting a lil more comfortable with her and i think ill be ready to go learn how to really ride it. Well for oil in my car i always used mobil 1 synthetic so i might just stick with their line of products. How often should i change the oil every 2k miles? Im probably going to do oil plug and chain cleaning and lube and be done with maintence for now. Im getting the fairing fixed and getting a new case and ill have more pics up shortly thanks for the compliments guys