New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Just bought my first bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just bought my first bike

Hello everyone!

I just purchased an 02 Honda CBR 600 F4i. Its still pretty cold here so I have yet to ride it, and theres still a bunch of things I have to do (learn how to ride, get a moto license, register it, buy gear). I'm excited to join your community and look forward to pestering you experienced folk on how to properly do things.

I absolutely love my bike, and I knew exactly which one I wanted. CBR 600 F4i with black bottom and yellow top. I scoped out a bunch of ebay auctions and craigslist ads till i finally found one that was within reach and within budget. I'm pretty happy about it and look forward to do some light work on it (need to figure out how to lower the seat, fix a couple of cracks in the fairings).

Thanks!
-Paul

Attached Thumbnails Just bought my first bike-img_2404.jpg   Just bought my first bike-bi6-mfwbgk-kgrhqiokk-esmbzon1pblrt9yfrsw-_12.jpg  
Old 01-18-2010, 08:51 PM

Hey! Welcome!

Nice machine you've got there. Looks pretty clean too. This color scheme is one of my favorite!

Old 01-18-2010, 08:56 PM

Haha, I thought I didn't send the first massage!

Well, the F4i section is the most populated here. So, I'm sure you will find a ton of useful information.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice find. I'm keeping an eye half open for a F4i myself tho my F3 will always be tender to me. What parts ya hailing from?

As hard as it'll be to do this, don't go for a ride. No gear, no license, no registration, no insurance. Cops will have a field day (possibly taking your brand new bike).
  1. Get gear. Bunch of places guys will recommend for gear. I use Revzilla.com cause they have a storefront here
  2. Get her legal. Registration & insurance is usually just an hour out of your day
  3. Get in class. Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic Rider Course

Welcome and howdy

Old 01-18-2010, 09:59 PM

Yeah I have no intentions of riding till I take a class and register it.

I'm in Hoboken, New Jersey, and in this state you can take a riding class and get your license at the end of the class, so thats the most logical route.

I bought it from a guy in PA, and got a pretty decent deal on it. It is very clean, and has a yoshi pipe on it. Also has a steering stabilizer (that i dare not touch). The back tire is new but the front is down to its wear indicators, so i'll have to replace that. The battery is also very low and i'm contemplating just buying a new one.

I'm going to have my hands full (and my wallet empty) till march rolls around along with some sunshine.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:04 PM

Hoboken? That's just ... err... frack it's somewhere round from Philly where I am. Too lazy to open Google Earth to find out March? Hell I'm tearing into my F3 so I can ride sometime this week. Today woulda been great (by comparison to the last month) once the streets dried

Sounds like the MSF is the same as here. Do you have to pay for the course? It's free here in PA. Already took it but going to retake it with some friends who missed it last year. Sorta a refresher. And a chance to chuckle at them

Old 01-18-2010, 10:16 PM

I wish it was free; its 300 bucks here. Hoboken's right next to NYC.

Hehe march is also going to be when I can afford the class, registration, gear, and tire.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:21 PM

Welcome to the forum. Great choice, no matter what anyone says, yellow is the fastest.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by maltaPaul
I wish it was free; its 300 bucks here. Hoboken's right next to NYC.

Hehe march is also going to be when I can afford the class, registration, gear, and tire.
Start piecing together your gear if you can. Definitely, definitely, definitely:

Get your helmet as soon as possible. Yes, they provide helmets at the MSF. I watched others in the class pull on 2 or three helmets and felt my skin crawl

Old 01-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey Paul, your bike is beautiful!! :-)

Welcome to the forums ... take care and enjoy!! :-)

Jules

Quick Reply: Just bought my first bike