New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hi new member with a severe cbr1000f headache

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi new member with a severe cbr1000f headache

Hi members, I'm needing advice,, I have a CBR1000f 1997, I stupidly swapped my bike for this one, read on I'm saying stupidly is because, my first run it it cut out and didn't want to start without a jump, changed rectifier,spark plugs, battery, and long story short nothing worked, a mechanic looked at it and sorrow it is the generator, a/c housing,had a hairline crack and has now snapped, the ballbearings inside were shot and most Barr one was missing, renewed the ball bearing part but still have this crack, nothing pretty much is working, I can't seem to find anyone braking in this neck of the woods and I can't afford to shell out some of the prices being asked online 400-700, now my question is this, is there a donor bike which would fit, or is there anyone breaking in other areas,I've tried breakers up north Scotland nothing, what way should I go break the bike, throw it off a cliff I'm turning into a very grey old lady,its causing me major stress haha cheers guys for reading this far

Old 07-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey Tazzy,

And firstly welcome to the CBR Forum. Sorry to hear of your duff bike and grey hairs.....................

I'm still a little unsure of exactly what has broken. The bearing housing for the alternator shaft? Treat me like an idiot child (goodness knows the other CBR1000F members do! ) and try shorter sentences with more punctuation.

Cheers, SB

Old 07-03-2016, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Hey Tazzy,

And firstly welcome to the CBR Forum. Sorry to hear of your duff bike and grey hairs.....................

I'm still a little unsure of exactly what has broken. The bearing housing for the alternator shaft? Treat me like an idiot child (goodness knows the other CBR1000F members do! ) and try shorter sentences with more punctuation.

Cheers, SB
Hello Sebastionbear, okay its the actual alternator casing, or generator as some seem to be also calling it, on the www. When you put in the part its discontinued by many places, cover ac/gen is their abbreviated name for it, and I will try to, punctuate more but won't promise too

Old 07-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the forum Tazzy.

The only one I could find is in poor shape. LINK

Old 07-03-2016, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
Welcome to the forum Tazzy.

The only one I could find is in poor shape. LINK
Hi yeah that's the one I came across basically the same as mine but mines is broken inside the casing also.

Old 07-05-2016, 03:58 AM
Welcome Crew

hello and welcome, if this is the part you need it does fit these other years, its along shot, but may give you a bit more scope for searching

31133-MS2-611 CASE, ALTERNATOR