New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hi Just got my first 02 F4i

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on your bike!

Hope you grow to love it, as i did with my 01 f4i! i've own my bike since 2004 and she has been good to me, considering how i've been pushing her! But sad to say, just this past saturday i low-sided (front tire slipped). It was my fault in a lot of ways tho. It was my cousin's bday, i decided to take the bike to a corner market which was a block away.
mistake#
1.) i already consumed 3 beers in the past hour or hour and half
2.) riding in medium fog
3.) speed was a little fast for wet conditions and cold tires
4.)all year I had my tire pressure set good for traction and for my style of riding (aggressive), but decided to bring it up to the commuting psi during wrong time of year.
5.) 90% of the time i wear my gears, this time i didn't.
On my way back, halfway through the turn i hit a sewer cover. It was the same one i made sure to avoid everytime i turn on that road. i was lucky that i didn't get hurt and my bike only cost $150 in repairs.

Anyways... Love your bike! Take care of her! Ride safe!!! AND avoid making stupid mistakes like i did.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't know if anyone mentioned this yet... but the gas gauge never shows current fuel levels UNTIL it hits the reserve... so you just gotta eye it... or be sure you're somewhat close to a gas station after the first two bars start blinking.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i dig the dirty bars. the levers are bent that way from tip overs - or to avoid damage to the clutch perch and m/c in event of a tipover. i don't think it's fugly at all. it sure isn't "racey" though if you're looking for that. if you haven't ridden with clip-ons before - be prepared for a huge change (if you do indeed plan on changing that)

welcome to cbrf btw