New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

hi all

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi all

Hi new to the forums im mick and i live in lowestoft england. im thinking of buying an old 1994 cbr 600 f2 with 28000 miles on it and a full service history ,it is very nearly in mint conditon. what sort of price should i be looking at ? the seller had it up £1600 but i have so far got it down to £1300 . sounds a lot for the age but like i said it is nearly mint , cheers mick

Old 12-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Mick.

The ole F2 is a great bike...especially one w/a full maintenance history! <-This is a real plus when shopping for a used bike (adds a little mind-at-ease value).

As for price/value... There are many factors that go into evaluating that...availability in your area (book value), desirability, age, appearance, condition/maintenance-history, etc. If I understand the conversion properly, in U.S. Dollars, that's a little over $2K he's asking. That does seem high for the age, model, & mileage...even being pristine. So, he's def asking for that perceived pristine value amount. To put it more into perspective...here in the U.S., the KBB value (Official Kelley Blue Book Values You Can Trust From kbb.com - Kelley Blue Book) is $1,650+/-. Avg mileage is considered to be 3k mi per/yr. So, at 28K, the bike is under that avg mileage number. However, the bike's condition is considered to be more important. Also, any significant improvements to the bike will also add to that. Still, the KBB is a good guide as to current market value here.

Hope that helps some. If it were me, it would really depend on how badly I wanted this particular bike. It would have to be a dream-bike for me to pay that much significantly above book value...keeping in mind, that I've never be able to that amount if I had to suddenly sell it. Even then, it would be a stretch. Again tho, its going to depend on those considerations in your area/country.

Good luck!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:33 PM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to CBRF

in my opinion, you have to do a search and find out how much are those bikes worth there and start to get that price lowered. good luck.