New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hi from Adelaide, Australia

Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from Adelaide, Australia

Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this forum on the weekend when researching if there are any known weak spots where a head gasket might blow, causing bubbles in the coolant, but no oil contamination (either direction).

I got very distracted by the loads of great information on the site.

I currently have a 1998 CBR600 F3 that is stock. The engine is out after it poured coolant from the overflow. Further investigation revelaed a continous stream of bubbles when the radiator cap was removed that would increas if the engine rpms were increased. After stripping the top end down, I am unable to see any visible signs of a blown head gasket.

This is my thrid bike. My first two both being Honda VT250's. First a 1983, then an 1986 Integra. They were great little bikes but the bug bit me to upgrade.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Banned

Hey Nigel, welcome to the great distraction that is CBRF!! We even have quite a few crazy Aussies in here, and probably some from your neck of the woods.

Sorry to hear about your engine troubles. Try posting your question in the F3 Section. There's a ton of friendly and knowledgable people in there to try and help you out. Post up some pics of your bike when you get the chance too.

Good luck fixing her up and enjoy the forums!

Old 04-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default welcome

yeah welcome Nigel, enjoy the Forum, I'm sure as stated already the F3 Guys will
have ideas on a good fix for it.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, Classic, there's been a huge influx of Ozzies joining up lately!
Did you strap billboards to your moving truck?? LOL...

Welcome to the CBRF, Nigel... good to have you here!
Odd bubbling problem. You're getting air in there somehow, just not sure how or why. With the system under pressure, I wouldn't see how air could get in unless it was flushed and filled incorrectly. Hope you get it all sorted out.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:41 PM

hi

another australian crazy man
whatsup in australia?
i see you guys love to ride because i stummbled upon some other crazy ausies , maybe you have allready seen them.Anyway i see that you are also an addict i see for motor mecanics. hmm....i would like to know some stuff but i'm completly newb on that part because i didn't do mecanics @ school! but anyway gl and drive safe

grts.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:26 AM

hey mate, welcome to the forum.

sounds like what my forklift was doing, fixed it easy with a little shot of chemiweld.... $12 versus a few hundread at a mechanic might be an option. . . might just be an air lock somewhere? id be disconecting radiator hoses and flushing the radiator then re conect,fill it and see what happens? just a thought.

might have to meet half way between adelaide and melb and go for a ride one day, best of luck mate.

cheers,
chris

Old 04-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard Nigel!

Old 04-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Narrr, was cheaper to buy the 30 cans of spray paint and re do the freeway signs Dylan all the way up to the farm ...
Haha! Why do I believe you?.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hi from Adelaide, Australia