New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey everyone just picked up my first cbr!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey everyone just picked up my first cbr!!!

i just picked up my 02 f4i siliver/red with two bro. exhaust, intake and modified sprockets (cant remember 2+ or - or whatever lol ) ummm... heres some pics picked it up for 3500 to bad its raining in Oklahoma
I plan on doing the ebay repsol kit along with painted tank and wheels asap does any one know how well the ebay kits fit on?? I know they chip pretty EZ here is what i am loooking at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories

Attached Thumbnails Hey everyone just picked up my first cbr!!!-mybike.jpg   Hey everyone just picked up my first cbr!!!-n1680305085_37420_4604440.jpg  
Old 05-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Eric, nice looking bike; congrats. I'm with Classic though, leave the bike the way it is. Those fairings are in excellent condition, plus they look good too. The Hong Kong (e-Bay) fairings are junk compared to the OEM ones you have. If anything, paint the ones you have with the Repsol theme, but don't switch them for the cheap ones, imo. But hey, it's your bike.
Welcome to CBRF

Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 AM

The bike looks GREAT, I would also leave it the way it is. Cool custom seat too!

I have heard MANY horror stories about the eBay fairings, they break, they never fit right, they need to be installed by a professional to even get ON the bike, etc.

If you picked up a project bike, I would totally encourage the theme change, but your bike looks like it has been really well cared for. Leaving it stock will for sure keep the resale value as high as possible, and you can always sell it to pick up a bike that is more worthy for the switch to a Repsol.

Just my opinion!

Old 05-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello & welcome to the site Eric!
Beautiful F4i, looks just fine the way it is
I agree with what most everyone else said about the ebay fairings, seem to be the trend with those unfortunately....

Old 05-07-2009, 08:41 PM

hmm.... anyone have any pics of a flat back , red or white paint schenme on an f4i ? Thanks for the input so far, keep it coming

Old 05-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Talking

that bike is ****! It's an '03rr Painted Up to look like an F4i, (Hmmm, Danny, Hmmmm?). Never seen that paint scheme before! Don't touch a thing! I even like the Transformers sticker, nice touch!

Old 05-09-2009, 10:41 PM

so u think its like an RR please find some pix of one with this paint scheme and thanks for all the positive feed back

Old 05-09-2009, 10:49 PM

more pix....

Attached Thumbnails Hey everyone just picked up my first cbr!!!-new-bike.jpg   Hey everyone just picked up my first cbr!!!-new-bike-car.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Default Don't do it

I don't think anyone would go through the trouble of switching the under the seat exhaust to side mount and changing paint to make an RR look like a F4i. I've seen that paint scheme before (minus the transformers sticker) on bikes for sale on Craigslist. Don't Ebay kit it out either, Thats like putting a big aluminum wing on a Honda Civic. IMO. Bike looks great. I'd leave it alone.

Quick Reply: Hey everyone just picked up my first cbr!!!