New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey CBRForum, I'm new yet not new!..

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hey CBRForum, I'm new yet not new!..

Hey everyone
As the title states, I'm new yet not new. This is my 4th bike. I've owned a 05 r6, 05 600rr, 08 250r, and again now another 05 600rr.
I never really dipped into bikes and into tearing them apart until I had my Kawi which I just sold on the 9th of October of this year. I just picked up the 'new' 05 600rr yesterday night with just shy of 15k on the odometer.
I have no real plans for this bike except the hyperflo exhaust, konica minolta fairing set, some hids (possibly projector retrofitted), and some frame sliders. I really just want to ride this thing! (I'm not into speed much, I do love dragging knee though).
Right now the bike has some led flush mounts, and the Micron exhaust, but I'm not a fan of how this exhaust looks so I'll have it up for sale when the hyperflo goes on in the spring.
I don't have any pictures of the rr yet but cosmetically it has a few scrapes here and there and it came with some red graphics (the bike is silver) which I'm really not a fan of, which is why I'm going with the new fairing set in the spring (I hope!). Motorwise, it runs perfect and the shifts are right where they need to be. The tires are bald and I already have new tires ordered and should be on by next Thursday.
Thats it about the bike-
About me: I'm Jeff, my username derives from my nickname, Tofu - which I've had since I was in fourth grade, not sure how it stuck but it did and I'm somewhat fond of it. I work as a marketing analyst for Coldwell Banker real estate, and I used to be heavily into the car scene (I drive a fully built motor g35 coupe). I plan on proposing to my girlfriend soon so that should be interesting to say the least. I've been ghosting the forums here quite actively the past few days so now I made it official, I plan to SEARCH so I won't be popping up noob questions (not new to forums in any sense).
I'm also a bit of a photography guru and a music advocate (piano since the age of 4). I hope to get my bike in decent shape by spring so I can take some photos of it and post them up here. I am not sure what else to say but I'm pretty sure most of you guys will just flip right through this post given the length of it (and I suppose I wouldn't blame you).
Thanks for reading though if you made it this far, and I hope to stay with you all for quite some time.

For those of you who just want a picture of the bike, here you go for now:

Name:  IMG_4155-2_filtered-1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  159.4 KB

Sincerely,
Jeff

Last edited by CBRclassic; 10-22-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: To remove other site URL .. not allowed sorry
Old 10-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi & welcome to the site Jeff!!
We like the long winded intros,helps get to know our new memebers that much better
Thnx for posting pic of bike,looks fantastic!

Old 10-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Registered Users

wow, what camera do you have? thats and awesome picture... very nice looking bike

Old 10-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Banned

Welcome to the forum have a good time here.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:55 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

thats one good looking bike. and the photo looks amazing. i wish i could take pics like that.
anyways, welcome to CBRF

Old 10-22-2011, 11:07 PM

Thank you guys for the very warm welcome.
I use the Canon XTI with about 4-5 different lenses and filters. I don't use photoshop, just lightroom to minorly tweak a few things here and there.