New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey all, 95 F3 here in Yuma, Az

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey all, 95 F3 here in Yuma, Az

Hey all, new to this forum, I just picked up a '95 CBR F3 for $250.00. It is in need of some TLC; she has sat for a couple years. At first glance it seems like the biggest problem I am seeing is the wiring for the lights. It has some Acerbis headlight assy with weird bulbs. I cleaned it up after I took some pics, and I am pretty pleased with how well it turned out.

Before I try to start it I' going to soak the tank in superclean, pull the airbox, clean off the carbs, spray some carb cleaner in the fuel lines between the pump and carbs and shoot air through to make sure i get it clean, and the same with the carbs to get the gunk out of them, pull of the throttle cable of and soak it in WD-40 to make sure it isnt sticky and to lube it, drain and refill all the fluids, check the plugs and wires. Thats all I can think of for now anything else you guys can think of would be great.

So now for the pics: I apologize for the writing on the tank.

Last edited by MellowedCBRF3; 08-07-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled the airbox off today, and it has a K&N drop filter, also the carbs look surprisingly clean, at least inside them no carbon buildup or anything like that. I also pulled the ignition off today so I can take it to get rekeyed, and the bottom seems to be broken off, also I don't think it will actually lock the bars once I get it reinstalled it doesnt have anything there to engage the bars. I would prefer not to have to get a new ignition and gas cap since I am about to spend the money on getting a key made for it; any suggestions on what I can do to fix this situation with spending the least amount of money possible. I would say to heck with it and get the matched gas cap and ignition, but I have to get the old gas cap off and to do that I have to get the key made.

Joel

Old 08-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi & welcome to the site!
U cant go wrong with any motorcycle for $250 so way to go!
Post up in the F3 forum, alot of helpful guys that can answer your questions,as most of 'em probably dont check the new rider forum.
Good luck & keep us posted on any updates