New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

hey 18 and am looking into the cbr 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey 18 and am looking into the cbr 600rr

i am a new rider. i am taking my msf in a week or so. my cousin has been riding for 18 years and is helping me get all my gear. he also got me a great deal on a cbr tht i dont think i can pass up. i know that it is not ideal for learning but my cousiin says tht if i take it easy i will be able to handle it. pklus him and his friends will help teach me. he is also a teacher for the msf. i am pretty confident i can control myself i would just like to hear what you guys have to say tx for the opinion.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Good

Welcome to the Forum, lot s of good tips and stuff here. One word "Gear"
Good Helmet , Jacket , Gloves & boots minimum. Ride Safe ....hope ya
get the bike ya really want too if it's that one or another .

Old 04-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the CBRF, man.
If your cousin is an MSF instructor, that's very cool. He should be able to teach you a lot.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
If your cousin is an MSF instructor, that's very cool. He should be able to teach you a lot.
That very good actually. The 600rr is a great bike take your time and enjoy it ITS good you got all the gear. Be safe and keep rubber side down. Check out the 600rre section for any questions you may have there is alot of good knowledgable ppl there. enjoy

Old 04-08-2010, 04:23 AM
Banned

Welcome to CBRF!! While a 250 or an older 600 (F2 or F3) is a much better starter bike, if your cousin thinks you can handle a 600RR, well then there is no point in us trying to talk you out of it. Hell, I would've have given some of my lesser used internal organs for a bike like that at your age!

Just listen very closely to your cousin and ride with him as much as you can while you are learning the ropes. Definitely take the MSF course yourself too. It will teach you things that will save your life and maybe even save you a few $$ off of your insurance costs.

Let us know what you decide on the RR and post up some pics if you pull the trigger on it. Take care and enjoy the forums.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:20 AM

Heed your cousin's words, "TAKE IT EASY." The CBR600 is a very powerful bike for a beginner... I speak from experience, I just got a CBR600 myself about a week ago, and boy, was I scared at first. I still haven't even left my neighborhood while riding, but you get used to it. You just need to get used to the fact that it has a lot of power, and the throttle is very sensitive. Not to mention it's a heavy bike, but that's standard for most bikes out there, haha. But yeah, just take it easy! You'll get a hang of it.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rr?

Effin LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY.

ride safe... ...and let me borrow your bike.

Welcome to the forums!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Nex

I didn't see him say it was going to be an RR anywhere?? Either way, I'm with whoever else said that having a 600 as your first bike is kinda scary! DO take all the time you need to feel comfortable on it, and take it SLOW!! Although, I will say I don't think my F4i could be described as "heavy" as someone else said, once you get the feel for it, it's just an AMAZING machine!! Enjoy the ride! Oh, and post pics

Old 04-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nex
I didn't see him say it was going to be an RR anywhere?? Either way, I'm with whoever else said that having a 600 as your first bike is kinda scary! DO take all the time you need to feel comfortable on it, and take it SLOW!! Although, I will say I don't think my F4i could be described as "heavy" as someone else said, once you get the feel for it, it's just an AMAZING machine!! Enjoy the ride! Oh, and post pics
topic:
"hey 18 and am looking into the cbr 600rr"

rawr
imma carry you kicking and screaming