New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from the Irish/Canadian rider

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from the Irish/Canadian rider

Hi my name is Ted. I'm from Canada , I live in Kitchener Ontario and I wish I hadn't winterized my bike yet. It's supposedto get up to 10c by Friday!! (about 50 US) Anyway, aside from an assortment of dirt bikes I had as a kid I'm a new rider. I took an acredited motorcycle corse in Mayand bought my first street bike in June. It was the Honda 599. I loved it and was hooked! I had never owned a vehical with 0 km on it before. 5500 km later in early August I'm back in the showroom trading it on the 06 F4i. Now I'm addicted and am going to Fast School late next spring.
I'm glad to have stumbled onto this site, I have already learned a lot simply by reading posts.I look forward totalking to other members and hopfully even riding with some of you.
Please bare with my poor computer skills, I'm a total techno peasant. But a quick study. P.S. I promise my future posts will be much shorter. lol.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Default RE: Hello from the Irish/Canadian rider

I put my bike away for storage too quickly also, I'm in Montreal and it's supposed to hit 14 here Saturday and 11 sunday. Saturday will be raining so I'm hoping it will wash most of the salt off the roads for a good ride on Sunday... I think it's worth having to re-winterize your bike if you can get out for an extra couple of hours riding.

Im looking to trade in my 929rr for an 07 1000rr in the spring! I can't wait

Old 01-04-2007, 04:51 AM

It's crazy , normally by this time of year I have large runs in at Blue Mountian . But what do ya do. Now I'm just thinking about the up coming motorcycle show in Toronto. I have been inducted into a group called the rain riders. We are doing a trip through northern Ontario and on in to Quebec on the May 24th weekend. Keep ya posted. One of the coolestcities anywhere is Montreal . Maybe we could ride by!!

Old 01-04-2007, 07:41 AM

Welcome to the site, we're glad you stumbled onto us as well. Glad to see you have a pic as your avatar, post up some larger sized ones in your photo album if you get a chance.

I was getting ready to head to work on my bike this morning as well. Last night they said mid 50's and no rain. This morning they are still saying mid 50's but now there is a 70% chance of rain. Weather and weathermen -- neither one can be trusted.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:22 PM

Old Fat Guy ! I love that title! I'm actually a huge mountian bike enthusiast and one of the guys I ride with (an English man) calls himself Olde Fat Biker in his e-mail. He and I along with 4 other guys actually drove through St. Louis last October on our north west mountian bike trip. Over 3 weeks we rode various location in Texas,New Mexico,Arizona, then wrapped the whole thing up at the annual fat tire festival in Moab. I notice since I got the f4i I'm starting to put on a pound or two......Must learn to divide my time I guess.
Thanks for the welcome.
Ted

Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 PM

You guys are better men than me on the mountain bikes. I'll stick with with my 1000, and my couch on wheels, the Goldwing.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:41 AM

Hello & Welcome!!