New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone!

Like the title says, hi! I've been into bikes for a while now (since I was 11; I'm 18 now), though I'll admit I still know next to nothing about them. Well, I finally convinced my parents to let me get a bike (I'm living with them until I go to WyoTech next fall). I just talked to the guy I'm buying my bike from today; I'm buying it from him tomorrow. It's going to be my first bike (I've never even ridden a bike before), but I figure I have to start somewhere. Well, anyway, I look forward to learning a lot about bikes here!

Anyway, the bike I'm getting is an '01 CBR600F4i... It hasa D&D pipe and a smoke windscreen (not sure what brand). And, yes, I'm getting frame sliders asap.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hello everyone!

welcome to the forum! since you've never ridden before, id HIGHLY recommend taking the MSF course (i would say you are required to, but im not your parents)...good luck with the purchase, and be sure to save some dough for some gear!

Old 08-19-2007, 05:18 PM

Yeah, I definitely plan on taking the msf course sometime soon... and I'm getting the guy's helmet (shoei) with the bike (when I talked to him today, I tried it on to make sure it fit)... I'm probably getting something like a MotoGP leather jacket, some Icon gloves, Icon pants, and Gaerne boots. Right now, I'm just worried about getting my permit; then, once I can legally ride the bike, I'll worry about gear

Old 08-19-2007, 08:15 PM

Welcome to the site. +1 on the MSF course, it'll teach you most things you need to know to ride safely.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: EHonda

Welcome to the site. +1 on the MSF course, it'll teach you most things you need to know to ride safely.
+1

Old 08-20-2007, 09:03 AM

Glad to have you here!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:16 AM

Welcome! Fun site and people actually respond to your posts. Great bunch here and some pretty good info from technical to BS.

Enjoy yourself!

[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 08-20-2007, 03:23 PM

Hope you got the $$ for gear, you should definitley schedual a MSF course in your area if you never been on a bike before.
Good luck with the bike and have fun!

Old 08-20-2007, 06:14 PM

thanks everyone... I bought the bike today (it's really hard to fit a PontiacGrand Am, Ford Expedition, and CBR600 in the same two-car garage, but I managed... no way is my baby going to sit outside like my car lol)... .I don't like the fact thatI have aused helmet, but it fits... and the fact that it's a Shoei makes me pretty happy. I'll be ordering my jacket, pants, gloves, and boots in the next day or two... I don't reallyplan on riding until I get all my gear. And I'm definitely going to be looking into the MSF courses... I'll probably test for my permit this thursday or saturday (dmv's only open three days a week)... I've read the book once and plan to re-read it two or three more times before taking the test.

But the nice thing about living where I live (the middle of nowhere) is that there's a lot of places to get the hang of the basics (like the local school's bus parking lot), and there's quite a few roads that see less than 50 cars a day to practice riding on, too... now that I have the bike, not being able to ride it is killing me lol

Old 08-21-2007, 09:07 AM

Hello & Welcome!!