CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Hello everyone! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/hello-everyone-47580/)

reaper2022 08-19-2007 05:10 PM

Hello everyone!

Like the title says, hi! I've been into bikes for a while now (since I was 11; I'm 18 now), though I'll admit I still know next to nothing about them. Well, I finally convinced my parents to let me get a bike (I'm living with them until I go to WyoTech next fall). I just talked to the guy I'm buying my bike from today; I'm buying it from him tomorrow. It's going to be my first bike (I've never even ridden a bike before), but I figure I have to start somewhere. Well, anyway, I look forward to learning a lot about bikes here!

Anyway, the bike I'm getting is an '01 CBR600F4i... It hasa D&D pipe and a smoke windscreen (not sure what brand). And, yes, I'm getting frame sliders asap.

catamayo85 08-19-2007 05:12 PM

RE: Hello everyone!

welcome to the forum! since you've never ridden before, id HIGHLY recommend taking the MSF course (i would say you are required to, but im not your parents:D)...good luck with the purchase, and be sure to save some dough for some gear!

reaper2022 08-19-2007 05:18 PM

Yeah, I definitely plan on taking the msf course sometime soon... and I'm getting the guy's helmet (shoei) with the bike (when I talked to him today, I tried it on to make sure it fit)... I'm probably getting something like a MotoGP leather jacket, some Icon gloves, Icon pants, and Gaerne boots. Right now, I'm just worried about getting my permit; then, once I can legally ride the bike, I'll worry about gear :D

EHonda 08-19-2007 08:15 PM

Welcome to the site. +1 on the MSF course, it'll teach you most things you need to know to ride safely.

TheX 08-19-2007 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: EHonda

Welcome to the site. +1 on the MSF course, it'll teach you most things you need to know to ride safely.
+1

Lrn2Go 08-20-2007 09:03 AM

Glad to have you here!

zorgen 08-20-2007 09:16 AM

Welcome! Fun site and people actually respond to your posts. Great bunch here and some pretty good info from technical to BS.

Enjoy yourself!

[sm=smiley20.gif]

leelee 08-20-2007 03:23 PM

Hope you got the $$ for gear, you should definitley schedual a MSF course in your area if you never been on a bike before.
Good luck with the bike and have fun!

reaper2022 08-20-2007 06:14 PM

thanks everyone... I bought the bike today (it's really hard to fit a PontiacGrand Am, Ford Expedition, and CBR600 in the same two-car garage, but I managed... no way is my baby going to sit outside like my car lol)... .I don't like the fact thatI have aused helmet, but it fits... and the fact that it's a Shoei makes me pretty happy. I'll be ordering my jacket, pants, gloves, and boots in the next day or two... I don't reallyplan on riding until I get all my gear. And I'm definitely going to be looking into the MSF courses... I'll probably test for my permit this thursday or saturday (dmv's only open three days a week)... I've read the book once and plan to re-read it two or three more times before taking the test.

But the nice thing about living where I live (the middle of nowhere) is that there's a lot of places to get the hang of the basics (like the local school's bus parking lot), and there's quite a few roads that see less than 50 cars a day to practice riding on, too... now that I have the bike, not being able to ride it is killing me lol

pitsvtec 08-21-2007 09:07 AM

Hello & Welcome!!:D