New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

hello to everybody

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hello to everybody

Ok I just took her out for a little night riding. First I started off doing some laps around my block, then I went up a few blocks to visit a friend. I really noticed the bike can get hot at times and temps usually stays within 220 F-224 F during idle. I checked online and it says that it should be normal so I'm not so worried now. Had some newbie moments like stalling numerous times at red lights but all in all I have to say it wasn't bad for my first ride. I just gotta keep practicing to get my shifts smoother and less jerky.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Take it 100 miles on a freeway run, to get to know the lady.
Check the operating temps at freeway speeds.
Check the fan is kicking in (?) when in traffic.........
Stalls at lights is normal at first - you'll improve quickly.
Take your time.....................and wear your gear !

Old 10-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: nemesis36

Ok I just took her out for a little night riding. First I started off doing some laps around my block, then I went up a few blocks to visit a friend. I really noticed the bike can get hot at times and temps usually stays within 220 F-224 F during idle. I checked online and it says that it should be normal so I'm not so worried now. Had some newbie moments like stalling numerous times at red lights but all in all I have to say it wasn't bad for my first ride. I just gotta keep practicing to get my shifts smoother and less jerky.
Glad you had a good first ride with her. If youare just puttering around the block, they do tend to get a bit warm. As long as you stay out of the red, you should be fine. Out on the highway she should stay nice and cool. The mechanics of riding (i.e. shifting and throttling smoothly) willcome in time.Even the guyswhohave been riding for years have adryor jerky shiftat times. Well...everyone but me.

Good luck on yournext rideas well...and the one after...and the one after...

Old 10-25-2008, 04:34 PM

Congrats on the bike. Make sure you have the proper gear! I remember my first time around the block. I told myself, "Just around the block until I get the hang of it." That lasted 10 minutes and off I was. I went to all my friends houses showing off my new toy. Enjoy!!!!!

Make sure you ask all the questions you can think of, people around here know what they are talking about.

Sorry Welcome Wagon, I read the intro and started thinking about my first bike and first ride!