New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

hello to all of you- thanks

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello to all of you- thanks

ive already posted to a couple threads and realized i could introduce myself here.
hello all-
im new to this forum and new to motorcycles all over again(my old yamaha has been sitting in the garage with my blood caked to it for ten years now) . i got a 99 f4 two weeks ago and am making a winter project of it. i got a deal (i think/hope) because someone already took care of crashing this one for me so i dont have to break the plastics myself. its getting fightered in the basement and ill start posting pics of progress as i ask for help. so far the bike seems great. it fired right up at 17fareinht and is begging to lift the front wheel just tweekin the throtte.
im building bellypan-ftscreen-solo cowl etc.. out of fbrgls &/or carbon as i find out what works better for what... i have two ugly molds made already (proly not show you those) and id love to hear from anyone who may have built fairings or seats before, i know its not the fighter forum and alot of you are legitimate racers and when i have money for a trackworthy bike ill get there too...for now this is the newest (by almost a decade)& most tech. advanced vehicle ive ever owned and im in awe of it.
the snows piled u here in minnesota but i go out to the garage and just start her up and make her sing and get shivers..(excitement, not just the frost) but im rambling, like i said im pretty well snowed in so ive finally got lots of time to surf the supernet and learn stuff.like:
do you think its a good idea to put a small shim over my rearshock, lift the tail a bit? i know this effects overall geom. (Rake, weight dist. etc...) but im guessing the bike comes set up for comfort and i want to make it ride and perform as tight as possible!!
also im looking for a very used seat that i can use the plastic base to build my single seat off of- any one got a thrashed one they want to part with cheap?
Thanks for readin'
I look foreward to getting to know you all!
-Leo

Old 12-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello & welcome aboard leo ,glad to have you here
Sounds like quite the project bike!
Looking forward to a nice long,picture laden thread on your progress
Have fun & enjoy the forum!

Old 12-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the snows piled u here in minnesota but i go out to the garage and just start her up and make her sing and get shivers
I know how that goes Leo .......hey welcome to the Forum

Sprock

Old 12-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the wackiest group of guys on the web. Sounds like a great project for the frozen Land of 10,000 Lakes. Where you at in MN. Lets see the pics.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Exclamation pictures!!! the birth of a ruthless monster!

Hello everyone!
i just posted pictures in my album of my 99 f4 as is stands now ,
stripped down and in the beginning stages of becoming a battlefighter worthy of the madmax films...
Im building my own fairings if all goes well.
taking mlds off my stock plastics and then laying carbon and glass...
if anyones done similar and has advice id apreciate it tons.!
im especially wondering about getting a crystal finifh over my carbon weaves.
thats why im tryna make a "female " mold and finish it nice so i can lay material into it rather than over a "male" plug. does this sound right?
thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails hello to all of you- thanks-dsc00113.jpg   hello to all of you- thanks-dsc00112.jpg   hello to all of you- thanks-dsc00114.jpg   hello to all of you- thanks-dsc00117.jpg   hello to all of you- thanks-dsc00110.jpg  

Old 12-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Default pictures and ice

so...COLD...
cant..feel....fingers
must

type

message...

Attached Thumbnails hello to all of you- thanks-dsc00124.jpg   hello to all of you- thanks-dsc00125.jpg   hello to all of you- thanks-fist-fast.jpg  
Old 12-15-2009, 04:22 PM

That's funny stuff. You're going to fit right in.

I was going to raz you about your cool tat, but I figured it's too early, and you might figure out where I live.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:17 AM

Welcome from Clanton, AL