New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello All

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello All

Hello everyone!

I'm the proud new owner of a Satin Silver/Black 2007 Honda CBR1000RR. I'm as excited about it as I am afraid... Its my first bike and yeah a liter bike wasn't my ideal way to go. I have taken the MSF course and have an 'M' on my license, but its been a while since I've been on a bike. The dealer I went to had a new 07 600RR and 07 1000RR, someone beat me to the 600. I just couldn't pass it up. They showed 'her' to me, I sat on the bike, and the next thing I knew I was signing papers...all before she was even completely put together.

So, she's in storage until it gets warm (part of the deal) and I'm hoping to read up and gain some knowledge and maybe even hook-up with some experienced riders before the season starts. I'm in the Chicagoland area and I already have a buddy with a GSX-R1000 who said he'll ride with me. Kind of hoping to get in on the Honda love too.

Oh and I'll take pics when I get her, all I can manage now is the advertising pic...but you can search that out on google. Thanks for taking the time to read...I did get a little lengthy.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:59 PM

welcome bro, and yes you have a beast of a bike, take it easy till you feel comfy.....peece

Old 01-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Howdy!

Well at least you know to be cautious. How good a friend is your friend? If he's really good, both on a bike and as a friend, I'd suggest letting him ride your bike over to the nearest big parking lot while you drive a car. And then replicate as much of the BRC that you can (tennis ***** cut in half make great 'cones'). It'll help shake the snow off your skills and give you a chance to acclimate yourself to the 1k without major distraction.

You'll prolly need that acclimation because any bike, even a Ninja 250, is a completely different beast from the beat up 250s used during the BRC. Think my F3 looked back at me a couple times like "wtf, are you sure you wanna do that???" immediately after the the BRC

Old 01-26-2010, 04:56 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

OK, I will admit I am more than a little scared for you ... first bike ever and it's a CBR1000RR ... you have the bike now so I won't lecture you except to say be careful, no matter how safe it feels that bike is deceptively fast ... you can run out of road before you know it ... take it slowly and don't try to keep up with others if you do not feel comfortable, and remember these modern bikes flatter the ridder into thinking they are better than they really are ..oops!! /lecture ..lol

Welcome to CBRF!! :-)

Jules

Old 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Juliet
OK, I will admit I am more than a little scared for you ... first bike ever and it's a CBR1000RR ... you have the bike now so I won't lecture you except to say be careful, no matter how safe it feels that bike is deceptively fast ... you can run out of road before you know it ... take it slowly and don't try to keep up with others if you do not feel comfortable, and remember these modern bikes flatter the ridder into thinking they are better than they really are ..oops!! /lecture ..lol

Welcome to CBRF!! :-)

Jules
Yea, you didn't fool me...I didn't think I'd get away without some kind of lesson, lol....thank you ma'am

Old 01-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome & hiddy-ho neighbor!
Where in Chicagoland R U located?
Yep,a liter bike is a taalllll order for a first bike,,just take 'er easy for awhile and you'll get the hang of it.
Shoot me a pm when you're ready to go riding in the Spring, maybe we can meet up for aride on the weekends.
have fun & enjot the forum

Old 01-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Talking

Just checking
|
|
V