New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New guy...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy...

Hey there, just bought my first 2000 cbr 600f4. Never had a sportbike before, though I've ridden quite a few. I've ridden bikes all my life pretty much.
A little about me:
My name is Alexander middle name John. I'm married with three children and one on the way I work a full time job where I drive all day long, and I goto school full time online and church everywhere in between. I've lived in Washington state all my life but wouldn't object to move to some place like colorado or montana maybe even arizona. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to posting between classes and such.
Any advice for a new 600f4 owner would be great too!

Short history of my bike riding.
First bike ride 7 years old my friends bike it was a yamaha 50 that I ran into the back of his moms car with.
second bike to ride was a honda trail 90
third was a red honda 50
fourth was a yellow yamaha 100 (or 70 I can't remember)
I got my first very own bike at the age of 13 a 1972 honda sl100 (which I still have, I'm 31 now.)
Second bike was a 72 cb350 but wasn't big enough to ride it by myself until I drug it out of my parents back yard when I was 24... I made it run and sold it.
Rode my first crotch rocket (2004 cbr 600rr) that same year and was hooked ever since.
I got my license 2 years ago by taking the msf course and was the only one in the class to get 100% on the written and 100% on the drive.
I bought a bike the day before just to dink around on, it was a yamaha Virago 920 1982, it was a powerful beast that I bought for $900 and sold a few months later because I needed the money, for $1500 without doing anything to it! LoL. Last night I bought a 2000 CBR 600F4, it's got some dings and dents... but it's fun to play around on, and in the summer I'll try and sell it for a profit to upgrade possibly. There's my bike story I hope to contribute here by God's grace.
-Alexander

Last edited by AlexanderJohn; 01-23-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Forgot a couple things.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the CBRF, Alexander! Nice intro!
I started out on a Honda 50 back when I was about the same age (and I'm 29), so we were both riding little 50s at about the exact same time...lol..

Anyway, good to have you here and congrats on the new bike. I'm sure you're gonna have a blast with it. Good call on taking the MSF, too. (And nice scores, man!). Take care and Ride Safe!

Old 01-26-2010, 04:24 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexanderJohn
Any advice for a new 600f4 owner would be great too!

Hey Alexander and welcome to CBRF!! :-)

It sounds like you were weaned on bikes like me so hard to giver advice ... as to the F4, they are still carbed the early ones I believe ... I might be tempted to check the carb balance as it makes such a difference to low speed running and tickover etc ... beyond that, keep it in oil changes and enjoy :-)

Jules

Old 01-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CBRF Alexander,glad to have you with us
SOunds like you have this motorcycling thing down pat....congrats on getting the F4..its a great bike,easy to ride.
Check out the F4 forum if you have any questions.
Have fun & enjoy the forum

Old 01-27-2010, 10:42 AM

i bought a 00 cbr 600 f4 back in august. its great! done alot of modding to it. only thing left is to put wheel stripes on and get new fairings. can't hardly wait!!! i rode it until the middle of november, then it got too cold for me. in those three months i put 5000miles on the beast. 350 of that was the first day i had it!!!!! they really are fun, just remember- take it easy for a week or two until u get used to it, then run the ***** off of it. it will take everything u can throw at it. if u lean as far as u can, the bike will go even further. i'm just afraid of hitting knee... need some kneepads!!

Old 01-27-2010, 02:37 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm looking to do the f4i front fairing conversion and painting the bike white with a dcc (polyurethane) system. The side has a little rash, and the upper fairing where the mirrors are is broken... :/ so hopefully I can get that f4i setup soon

Old 01-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a good plan man, hey throw a few PIC's up when ya get a chance
& again welcome to the forum

Old 01-27-2010, 06:22 PM

I'll try to tonight... I gotta pick up my boys after work and my friends son to go to awanas tonight at church.