New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello.

Hey guys and gals. My name is Pete, and I live in Columbus, Ohio.

I currently don't have a bike right now (never have), but am wanting to get in the game soon.

I have had my eye on this bike http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/1994-HONDA-CBR-900-RR-CBR900-CBR900RR-929-95196205

Please feel free to give me some advise on what to look for when I go to look at it, or if it is even worth my time looking.

Thanks, and I hope to get to know a lot of new cool people on here!

Old 07-29-2009, 02:41 PM

Nice looking bike you have your eyes on.

Welcome Pete from across the pond.

Paul H

Old 07-29-2009, 02:55 PM

welcome in! nice bike, but i would look at a 600, bro. i have a 2001 600 f4i and it fit me real well for my first sport bike (and i had a decent amount of riding experience previous to it). the 600 class is much more forgiving for a first time daily rider. 2001/2002 f4i or rr. probably find one for about the same price in your area. there have been some similar threads about what to look for when buying a first bike. search that. definitely be able to find some real good info just browsing the forum. helps to have someone who knows bikes go along to check out a first purchase...might be able to find someone on here.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello & welcome aboard Pete!
The 600 would defintiely be the better bike to start with.
Good luck & enjoy the forum

Old 07-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum, Pete!
Like CBRClassic said, I'd be a little concerned about the "custom paint".
You could just keep an eye on craigslist in your area, or maybe a nice one will pop up on here...
Good luck finding the "one"..

Old 07-30-2009, 12:24 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes and advise.

I'm actually going to look at it tomorrow (technically today), lol.

If it was wrecked, and repaired, would it still have a clean title, or salvaged title? And when I go to look at it, what should I keep an eye out for, specifically?

I really like the 94 900RR dual headlight style, so I'm pretty stuck on getting a bike like this. Not saying I HAVE to buy this one, but I will be getting one with the headlight like this. But like CBRClassic said, I don't want to buy one and have something go bad down the road.

BTW, I am experience riding bikes, as many of my friends have them, so I'm not a beginning rider. Lol. Just never had the money to buy one, and now I do.

Again, thanks guys!

Old 07-31-2009, 12:33 AM

Update!!

Went today to look at it. The bike was one of the cleanest I have seen (for a 1994). It is a two owner. The 2nd owner was a lady who owned it from 1996- 2009, then traded it in for a newer model. The paint was just done 5 months ago. The bike has never been laid down, and has a clean title.

Also is has newer tires, and has lowering links on it, and is currently lowered about an inch.

I am going through with the financing, so I will know sometime today/tomorrow if I am approved, or if I need a co-signer.

I'm still trying to talk them down a little on the price.

I will keep you guys updated on it.

P.S. I started the bike up, and it sounds amazing!!! Runs great.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:14 AM
December 2011 ROTM

Love the paint on that bike!! Very tastefully done too. I wouldn't be too terribly worried about the custom paint as it is pretty rare to find a 15 year old RR that hasn't been painted in some sort of way. The only thing I would be concerned with, as others have already said, is getting a 900RR for your first bike. If you get it, please be careful and keep the rubber on the road. We like to keep our CBRF members around.