New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Hi, I'm Paul I live in North Yorkshire in the UK I've owned my CBR since April, it's a 93 model and has recently reached 30000 miles. I've only been riding since 2008 and my previous bike was a bandit and I kinda rode that into the ground. I plan on doing the same with mt CBR but also plan on looking after it better. So far I'm liking it but I just love two wheels and really enjoy riding. The only part of work I look forward to is the journey there and back

The very first bike I owned was way back when I was 16, my friend taught me to ride and sold me his KMX 125, I loved that bike of course it was not a road bike but that didn't stop me terrorizing the local neighborhood. Well I'm 35 now and settled down I don't ride like an idiot and am often found holding up ques of motorcycles because I'm just not confident enough at the overtaking, I like big straight stretches of road for that.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:39 PM

Welcome to the forum Paul. You're thoroughly spoilt for scenery up there, I'm not jealous at all sitting here in the fabulous concrete jungle that is the West Midlands!

I'd love a '93 600F in the black and pink some day - it was a good year

Old 09-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome Paul!

Lots of UK members around. I see you've met a few already! Nice thing is that our worldwide membership keeps the forum going 24hours a day. Enjoy...

Old 09-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Paul. Glad you found us & joined up!

Yes please...keep up w/ your new bike's maintenance! ;-) It will last a lot longer & perform sooo much better.

Glad to hear that you are a more experienced rider now...& it sounds like you ride your own ride.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:46 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, yeah mine is the crazy colour version, all blue, black, purple and pink!
Yeah I've noticed a few other members from the Uk.
So far my maintenance has involved fitting a new rectifier and a new battery, I've also had a fiddle and worked out how to change the break pads to, so I'm building a little confidence in that area and of course I wash it more than I washed the last one. Only problem is I am absolutely skint and and barely afford the gear to keep it tip top, let alone the servising. Just had it MOT'd and it passed with no major trouble though there was no play in the front forks so the guy changed the fork oil for ma and now its oh soo smooth!
Yeas lovely roads to ride up here, I often take a ride out to Whitby!

Old 09-12-2012, 02:04 PM

Oh you see, I wanted to go to Whitby on the way back! Always wanted to go see the stuff carved out of Whitby jet and see if I could find any on the beach (studied geography at uni so I have an unhealthy love of rocks but at least I can read a map). Unfortunately it was really wet that day and the crosswinds were bad enough heading out of Middlesborough so we gave it a miss. It'll still be there another day, hopefully with better weather.

You're doing better than me maintenance wise! I wash her, polish the exhaust can and downpipe, clean and lube the chain, check the tyre pressure and replaced the numberplate bulb... but that's about it. I'm taking her in for a service in two week's time to make up for it, and I passed my theory test today so I can obviously be taught. Eventually she'll be properly pampered.

I've 'helped' remove the rear wheel and fit a new brake disc & pads on a CB750 and it wasn't that hard. It's just having all the tools, space, time and a paddock stand. Youtube is a great port of call.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:48 PM

Oh yeah, youtube is fab for all the how to vids,great stuff. Shame you missed Whitby it's nice. Let me know if your ever up this way, there are plenty of good riding roads around. I've never been to see the stuff carved out of the jet but may have to go see the next time I'm down there.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:33 PM

Yeah apparently carved Whitby jet jewelery pieces were must-have funeral attire back in the Victorian period. It became a bit of an art form in it's own right, though pretty morbid! It always looked like a nice place for a day trip or maybe a weekend, if museum/art exhibits are your kind of thing.

I may well take you up on that offer sometime after I've got my own 600; I plan to keep the milage and service record on my 125 in good nick ready for january. Once that test gets harder to pass, I'm suspecting that the market for 125's might just buck up in my favour ;D

I'll be going up as far as Grimsby sometime soon on a fishmonger course for work, but apparently it's a bit of a slave-drive! I'm sure I'll find the time for a jaunt up to the moors on my own time at some point. It's a beautiful place.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 AM

Sounds interesting, would also explain the goth thing, I mean as well as the Bram Stoker thing!
Yeah I can imagine that once the test does get harder more people will want to remain faithful to their 125's, keep it nice and how may get more than you paid!
Yeah, I love riding the moors, have to be careful though as the sheep can decide that the other side of the road looks worthy of an inspection just as you're closing in on em!