New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Guy from Kentucky with an f4i

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guy from Kentucky with an f4i

Bought it in January. This is my first street bike and I made everything on here that's custom. Installed frame sliders, cleaned them with windshield wiper tubing, made a custom GPS headstock mount, added reflective rim stripes, added an alarm system "the blinking light between seats", added 35w 6000k HIDs. I've got more to do to. Someone gave me an undertail kit, but I can't figure out where to cut. I'll post a thread about that later if the moderators ever let me become a real member.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum,

Keep posting and you'll quickly become a 'real' member!

Post your undertail questions in the F4i section - lots of knowledgeable folk in there with plenty of experience.

Cheers, SB

Old 02-16-2014, 03:03 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey theadamie,

Nice bike. Looks like 02 from what I can see, the scheme was dominant in 02. The undertails are not too bad. If you post a pic up we can probably see where it came from and get you some instructions.

Are those lights you got just the H7 bulb replacements? Or did you do a full HID conversion? Looks like bulbs from the picture. If you could let me know that would be great.

Otherwise, congrats on getting up on 2 wheels and we are here for any questions you may have, cheers.

-Poss

Old 02-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum! At first glance I though whoa, Tron has joined our little forum! Nice reflectors on the rims, made me think about doing the same.
So, make yourself at home, there`s no set number of posts before achieving "real member" status, it`s basically there to weed out trolls, spammers and the lot, but as soon as the admins see you`re for real (which shouldn`t take long) you`ll get full status!

Old 02-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! Nice bike

Old 02-17-2014, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mattson
Welcome to the forum! At first glance I though whoa, Tron has joined our little forum! Nice reflectors on the rims, made me think about doing the same.
So, make yourself at home, there`s no set number of posts before achieving "real member" status, it`s basically there to weed out trolls, spammers and the lot, but as soon as the admins see you`re for real (which shouldn`t take long) you`ll get full status!
Well it's already taken about 3 weeks.... This is the second profile I've made, my first one got deleted and I never even posted anything, certainly no spam. I was just making a profile to look at pictures and do some reading. I'm a little frustrated because I use lots of forums and I've never had to wait so long. I even emailed the mods several times letting them know I was real and just wanting to read and never got any kind of response... I'll post more if that's what they demand but I'm not convinced they'll ever let me join.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by PossibleF4I
Hey theadamie,

Nice bike. Looks like 02 from what I can see, the scheme was dominant in 02. The undertails are not too bad. If you post a pic up we can probably see where it came from and get you some instructions.

Are those lights you got just the H7 bulb replacements? Or did you do a full HID conversion? Looks like bulbs from the picture. If you could let me know that would be great.

Otherwise, congrats on getting up on 2 wheels and we are here for any questions you may have, cheers.

-Poss

It's the one from pimpbike.com that uses the stock taillight. There were some stickers in the box so I was able to trace it back to here. Here's a link.

HONDA F4I UNDERTAIL 2001,2002,2003 [H-F4I-S-0103] - $99.99 : WWW.PIMPBIKE.COM, YOUR #1 SOURCE FOR MOTORCYCLE UNDERTAILS & ACCESSORIES

I want to keep my stock turn signals and brakelight, I'm not into being confusing and/or invisible to other drivers. I may swap the signals for more square ones later, maybe with shorter stems, but nothing small. I think I've figured out what I need to do but I'll post pics up when I can. I've got a rear-tire hugger, lever guards, license plate/turn signal brackets, and mirrors with integrated smoke turn signals on order so I may just strip the bike down and do everything all in one go. Real excited about the mirrors, I think I may have found some that will work well on this bike. I know they work really well on the 600RR.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mattson
If you get them make sure you go for 'diamond grade' there's a candle rating system for reflectiveness and diamond grade is at the top. It's a lot more expensive to be honest, about $30-$40 vs $5-$10 but it's a lot brighter so I went ahead and got these, plus the reviews on amazon said these stay on for years and the cheap ones don't last long. We'll see, so far I'm happy.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by PossibleF4I
Hey theadamie,

-Poss
I'll just link you to the kit. I have no idea how anyone could just swap the bulbs without a kit, I don't think that would work at all. Don't HIDs need the ballasts for ignition?? Anyways here it is. I ordered the H7 35w 6000k kit with none of the extra things they offer and I was fine. I did have to use a little but of hot glue though because they had a little room for movement in the housing. The metal brackets that hold the back of the original bulbs can be bent to hold the new ones but one side "right for me" can move slightly which bothered me. I should have taken more photos but I was really frustrated and didn't bother to do it.

It took about 6 hours to get the kit installed MAINLY do to the front end not wanting to go back on and I still have NO IDEA why. all the screw holes were about 1/2 an inch off and I eventually said screw it and just forced the fairing into place and bolted it down as is. I even removed my ballasts and everything and tried to put it on that way but it just wouldn't go.

I'm curious to see someone go for the 55w but I know you have to wire in a switch bc the bike can't produce enough energy to start the engine and the lights at the same time with those. I shied away from them bc of that reason.

DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

Old 02-17-2014, 03:59 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome
nice looking ride, keep your post comming in and you will soon be a member

Quick Reply: Guy from Kentucky with an f4i