New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Greetings From Finland!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Greetings From Finland!

Hi there! Just found this forum and totally had to register right away!

About me... As the title already says, I hail from the wonderful country on Finland. I have been a somewhat of a gearhead all my life, and always just had to have some kind of a two wheeler no matter what the shape. My first Road-legal bike must have been a Suzuki/solifer S 50cc, what we called a "banana" up here mostly because of it`s colouring, That was a total crapper and broke down all the time. Next I had a Suzuki PV50 for some time but sold it to get money for my first "real" bike:

A Honda NS125R

Pic`s crappy cuz `tis a photo of a photo, but shows what`s important...
This little puppy had 180cc big bore kit and some other little tweaks on it, but sadly the mechanics, mostly the engine could not cope for the added HP:s and broke down constantly, for example shattered one gearbox to a rubble in mid-wheelie... In fact, I got to know this thing so thorougly that I once changed it`s frame in just under four hours. There was absolutely no nut or bolt that i didn`t turn in some point.

I actually managed to sell that thing to some sad f****r and thought I used the money wisely to buy a Cagiva Freccia C12r from my friend. He had dismateled it and sold it to me in pieces. Took me ten years to get it rollin`... Also tuned it some on the way... Here it is in it`s current shape.

Muffler`s from a Suzuki GSX-R6, The Exhaust`s Arrow, Fairings self manufactured from glassfiber.

And last, but most definitely not least, my newest puchase!

Name:  DSC00602.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  183.7 KB
Name:  DSC00603.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  247.1 KB

A CBR600F PC25 `91. My first real big bike! Just totally love it! U wouldn`t believe by looking at it that it has 91tkm behind it. Got a Remus slip-on muffler, no info of other mods. Thought I take it to a dyno next spring to see if it has all the ponys still on it...

Still learning to ride it, but first thing that I noticed from it was it`s unbelievable directional stability. Pity the season starts to be at it`s last legs up here and it`s starting to get so cold that it`s time to push the bike to the carage to get a total service before next spring and then it`s revs...

Other noteworthy things about me... Age 26, married, and a total Chilehead too. Got several plants of different varieties growing and a greenhouse with advanced hydroponics system set up for next summer.

And sorry for my english, haven`t been speakin it for several years now so I´m a bit rusty...

Most definetely will be going through this forum to learn more `bout me ride...

Old 09-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Welcome welcome welcome!!!!

Welcome to the family!! hope you enjoy your time here at the CBRforum. Those are some nice bikes you have/had there! I'm not a gear head like you but I'm learning as I go . Have fun on that 600f and ride safe my friend.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Thanx for the welcomes!

There`s actually a little story to be told about this bike, as I was visiting an Inspection station (?) with my Cagiva to get it changed to full powered (at least up here 125cc bikes have to be reduced to 11kw in order to be driven at 16yrs) because I noticed that doing so actually drops it`s insurance bill for 103 euros per year. As I was waiting for my turn (for an hour, totally soaked from the rain, irrelevant though..) My friend/boss called me, knowing that I have a massive fever for a bigger bike than that 125cc Freccia, and have been looking what ~`01 900cc Fireblades currently cost, in order to buy one next summer as I finally get my car (Volvo S80, again irrelevant though..) fully paid.

Anyway, my friend told me that he was getting a good condish 600f2 in exchange for one car he was selling an asked me if I want it, cause he has an f3 himself and has no interest in trying to sell it in fall. I said damn straight I want it, but haven`t got any. He said I could pay it in parts during the winter, the main thing was that he didn`t have to store it over the winter. It was crap cheap too comparing what others were asking for similiar rides, so he didn`t have to tell me twice where to fetch my new toy home! The only things that it has a disadvantage is the high mileage, but that only shows when downshifting for lights, as you have to kick the gear lever with some moderate force, otherwise it gets stuck between gears. Is this a fault or a feature in an mv9 engine? The seat needs to be re-coated and the ignition is very worn, which doesn`t suprise me at all at these numbers...

Also it needs a full service during the winter including oil, filter, plugs, sprockets/chain and an air filter. Battery seems ok.

One thing that I noticed after I had bought it was that it has been imported to Finland from some other country. Which, I dunno cause the seller didn`t mention this at all. Can someone identify what country has this kind of plate combinations?

Old plate number: H-NT9

Thanx! now, TGIF

Old 09-09-2011, 05:37 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

Old 09-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
Hi there! Just found this forum and totally had to register right away!...
We are glad you did! Good to have you w/ us. What a great intro w/ pics! :-)

Hot Sauce - that should be your nickname! ;-D

Great looking CBR. Welcome aboard.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:14 AM

Welcome aboard Mattson.

Great intro! Great bike! What could be better than that? Notta

Old 09-10-2011, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Hot Sauce - that should be your nickname! ;-D
I Actually thought of that, but as I`m known as Mattson in every other forum I go to, It was natural to use it here too...

Not so much of a hot sauce, but for example Rocoto Red Peruvian -chile (round, looks like a tomatoe) sliced, cold smoked for over 24h with hickory, then dried and ground to a powder... THE best spice you`ll EVER taste. Guaranteed.

Great bike!
Thanx! U can tell it`s been around but well kept.

Pity I don`t have the box for that rack. Must browse selling ads during the winter if I could find a usen one somewhere. The Dock`s KAPPA.

Last edited by Mattson; 09-10-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
...Not so much of a hot sauce, but for example Rocoto Red Peruvian -chile (round, looks like a tomatoe) sliced, cold smoked for over 24h with hickory, then dried and ground to a powder... THE best spice you`ll EVER taste. Guaranteed.
That sounds delicious! :-)

Old 09-10-2011, 10:28 AM

BTW, Onkos täällä muita suomalaisia? /anyone else from finland? Hard to believe I would be the only one...

BTW2: as the Freccia has not been imported to every country, for exaple england (or so I`ve been told) Here`s one in it`s factory spec.

Not mine, but exactly similiar. Takes most of it`s design of a Ducati 750 PASO. Voted in finland the 2. ugliest bike ever after Suzuki Katana.

Last edited by Mattson; 09-10-2011 at 10:34 AM.