New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Future rider

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future rider

Im sooooo fed up of all my mates leaving me behind when they go on there bike trips.
Ive decided to take the plunge and learn to ride a motorbike!

Ive got my CBT this week (on Thursday) with RMT in Birmingham, UK. Im really nervous but i guess ill be ok!

Ive yet to get a motorbike but am planning to get a F4i, many of my mates tell me that they are a good starters bike!

Im hoping to have all the gear + bike + licence by May if all goes well fianancially!

Didnt realise how much the clothing cost but to be honest i dont want to get the cheapest gear as you cant put a price on skin.... my skins a little more expensive as ive paid to get tattoos, i dont really want to lose them!

Well, hello to all and im looking forward to being a fellow rider.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:42 AM
Banned
Default RE: Future rider

You'll love riding like the rest of us.

The F4i isn't really a good starter bike for alot of reasons so plan on a cheap, used 250 to 500cc standard bike first (6 months,a year), the cost of fairings (almost everyone drops the first bike), awesome brakes,as well as the power/weight (95 Hp/385lb) make the F4i a great second bike. You won't lose money on the first bike and it will allow you to learn to be a better rider in the long run and you'll be able to afford the right safety gear right away. My only other thought is to ride solo for a long while, riding in a group of experienced riders at their pacecan get you into troublethat your skills can't get out of, so either ride alone or watch your pace.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:57 AM

Thanks for the advice..... i dont plan to ride with them for a while anyway as they are all nutters! You are probably right that id try to keep up and do somthing stupid!

Wont i just get bored of a 250cc or a 500cc and change very quickly?

How does a F4I go with frame slider and if i ride carefully? Or am i just jumping in the deep end.

Ultimatly i want to be safe and the advice i get from you expeirienced riders i will take on board!
Even though my mates have told me a F4I would be suitible for a first bike but what in your opinion would be a good bike to start on?

Really appreciate the advice. cheers

Old 12-02-2007, 01:07 PM

I rode one other street bike before i hopped on mine for the first time and i did okay. granted,I did lay mine over a few months later. That was my fault completely, not the size of the bike. I wastrying to ride above my skill level and thats what it earned me.Just make sure you have a VERY VERY clear understanding that your bike will be able tooutperform your riding skills for a LONG time to come. You keep your right hand in check, youll be cool. The second you start to try and ride/keep up withpeople that have several years under their belt, its gonna turn bad. my advice, read Twist of the Wrist 1 & 2, buy your F4i, and gaurd those fairings with your life.

And buy a good helmet, jacket, gloves. and some comfortable boots, or at least something with some ankle coverage. spend as much on gear as you can afford.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:19 PM

Welcome to the forums. Everyone here will be behind you every step of the way bro.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:43 AM

An F4i isn't the ideal bike to start with but it is probably the best newer 600 you can get (to me newer means fuel injection)
My F4i is my first bike and I got it new back in July...it now has 5200 miles on it without a scratch
If you're careful and respect the bike's power you'll do just fine with it

Heads up on this...the F4i really hits its stride around 6k rpms so try to stay below that in the lower gears until you have some miles under your belt

Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 AM

Welcome! Go to ur local bike shop and find the gear u like and the right size and then start lookin on ebay.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:12 PM

Hello & Welcome!!