New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Future new rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future new rider

hi to all,
simple guy from Quebec, Canada, no real story there. Lately one of my good pals gave me his 1987 CBR Hurricane 1000, i did some motocross back in my teen years. Now that i got 2 wheels again i got to prepare. Doing that license is the most pressing matter. I do admit never been a big fan of sports bikes in general as my interest was towards customs, now that I'm more informed on the subject, let's say my perception has changed greatly and now i just really like all kind of bikes, 2 wheels and a engine that's really what matters. Being a 87 i will need to put a bit of repairs on so it runs smoothly.

any recommendation or suggestion

Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to CBRF!

Wow, gave you a bike?!...that's great! Congrats.

Glad your "perception" changed. ;-)

There's many helpful members here in the 1000F section. Post up as many questions as you need.

Good to have you w/ us.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
As Gotcbr said, first thing is to pay the hurricane boys a visit. Spend some time reading to get familiar with your new bike. There is tons of useful info on it, in between all the banter. They're a great group of gents and are very open for questions. Don't hesitate to ask, they live for showing off their knowledge.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum theluc,

Glad you found us and with the undisputed Queen of the CBR's (and that has nothing to do with Sprock's T Shirts!!), the CBR1000F no less

As the boys above indicated - very graciously I might add - there is a very strong CBR1000F membership on the forum and we love to keep these beautiful old bikes on the road. Your being an '87 is the original model and held in very high regard. In fact this month, Sprock's '87 is entered in the Ride Of The Month (ROTM), so feel free to vote for him Link below.

So, venture over to the Hurricane Saloon, kick open the doors, saunter up to the bar and have a virtual beer with us.
Ask any questions you need, the knowledge and experience to be found on the Hurricane section is very, very broad.

Cheers, SB

Old 11-30-2012, 05:50 AM

Thanks all for the warm welcome,
yes My pal gave me his bike, his health force him to slow down and go towards a custom, it was for him his way to give me a 101 theory lesson and have a partner to hit the road. More i read more i see that he not gave me only a bike but a piece of his own history but on part of motor bikes as well, goal is to ride and take care of the queen to bring it back to her all shiny glory.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great story. I know you'll give the bike the TLC it deserves. Kudos to your friend for sharing his bike, history, & riding w/ you.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by theluc
2 wheels and a engine that's really what matters.
couldn't agree more.

welcome to cbrf. taking the plunge again is great. true, it's an older bike - but that's okay. i don't know how long the bikes been sitting (if at all?). but i would always recommend basic maintenance and new tires unless they've been maintained. it all depends. i'm sure people in the hurricane section could better steer you in the right direction. any pictures?

Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi tehluc, welcome aboard!

A link for the 'Hurricane' section .....CBR 1000F "Hurricane" - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners and the 'Saloon' if you fancy some banter....The Hurricane Saloon - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 AM

Welcome tehluc!

That's a solid ol' bike you've got there, hope you enjoy bringing her back to glory.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The CBR1000Fis an incredible bike..my buddy has a pristine 1993 that really changed the way I look at older sport bikes..it's got tons of power and very comfortable.. You will love it.. It doesn't have the aggressive seating position of a newer supersport.

Welcome!

Quick Reply: Future new rider