New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Forgot to introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forgot to introduce myself

Whats up guys. ive been hanging around for a couple months and jumped right into the good stuff without the formalities.

Im Scotty, and i picked up a nice 06 F4i in early july. ive been riding and tinkering ever since. i started riding dirt on an xr250r back in 04. at the time my parents wouldnt think of letting me ride a street bike, but i managed to convince them a dirtbike was ok. a few years and concussions later, i sold it off and found some other money pits. mainly minitrucks and other hobbies (guns, computers, tools, etc).

fast forward a few years to 2012, and now im married, i got a decent job with the phone company, my 30th birthday on the horizon and a baby due in march. So i decided im finally old enough and mature enough to own a sport bike and not end up as a stain on the concrete. that and the baby will probably eat up any extra funds, so if i didnt buy one now i probably never would. so i found a nice 06 with only 3900 miles in great condition, and she now has a permanent spot in my garage.

so far mods have been simple: flushmounts, led rear signals, chopped undertail, and a slip on exhaust. ill dive into power commanders, speedo healers, and probably a gear indicator later in the year. (ill get some decent pics up after isaac blows over)

i look forward to chatting with yall, learning everything i can, and giving a little back.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Nov 2011 ROTM

Better late than never. Welcome aboard officially, nice pictures and a great looking bike.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome.
Congrats on having a kid! Hopefully you make time to ride when kid arrives. Bikes for sale because of kids is a fairly common tale. Good luck with all that....

Old 08-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its ok Scotty, we forgive you. ;-) However, we do appreciate the formal intro...& a nice intro it is :-)

Great looking F4i.

Yep, hobbies can get expensive! Hoping your CBR won't be tho. ;-) If you keep up w/ your regular maintenance, it should run nearly forever. Still, you'll end up buying go-fasters, gear, & accessories...so watch out! ;-)

Old 08-27-2012, 01:50 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome aboard & CONGRATS on the new
Baby!!! Both the Baby & babe (CBR)....now it's tricky parenting and owning a sportbike same time but it can be done. Kids are expensive and so are bikes...only advice I'll give you (being a father of 3) is that to buy what is needed first before anything else that is luxury.

i.e. The baby needs formula milk and diapers...buy that first before getting them baby toys or too many clothes...

If the bike's registration is due, pay that first before getting your bike a Pazzo lever or a GoPro.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM

Welcome! Bike looks great!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:53 PM

yep, trying to get most of the major mods out of the way before march. ive had toys before that got sold because times got tough. im done doing that with this one. ive wanted an f4i for a long time. back in 2001 when i was in college, i worked at a local retailer, and next door was a hotel. there was a guy working at the hotel with a white/red f4i parked out front every day. ive wanted one every since. i just happen to have a blue 06. but in the unfortunate event a change of fairings is required, i might put the white/red on my 06.

for now though, ride safe, and thanks for the welcome.