New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

First Bike Milwaukee Wi

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Bike Milwaukee Wi

Hi everybody,

I just bought a 2001 F4i with 1900 miles on it I'm looking forward to learning how to ride! I've been autocrossing in the Milwaukee Region SCCA for the last two years and finally had the money to get a bike. This is the first time I've been on a cycle so I'm taking it easy and looking forward to some good years of riding. I plan on taking the riders course and I'm starting to get everything together (jacket, gloves, boots). I found a great bike that looks like it's still on the show room floor, I'd like to keep it that way Check out the pic!

[IMG]local://upfiles/30167/98044B6597F94819AC9D5BC6BEEBF7F2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: First Bike Milwaukee Wi

Welcome to the board! Nice ride dude ... very clean for an 01 [sm=drooldude.gif]

And sounds like you have something between your earholes ... MSF rider course, gear and taking it easy til ya get used to it ... be still my beating heart Congrats dude ... you're gonna have a blast!

Old 09-14-2008, 12:37 AM

Out here in PA, we have the MSF and also the MSP which is Motorcycle Safety Program. Excellent courses! My dad has been riding bikes since he was a little kid and wants to try the experienced rider course with my bike. I have a 2000 CBR600F4. I really want to see him do the Figure 8 in the parking space!

I can't believe you found a bike with 1,900 miles on it! Hella find! How does it fun?

Btw, looking at the pictures and it still has the rear fender on it! Thats nuts! Out here in PA, its Fender Eliminators everywhere! To be honest, the fender looks so awkward on bikes doesn't it. I was at the dealer on Thursday and looking at the 2008 R6s and R1s and they are just soo funny looking with that fender on there. Maybe because we aren't used to seeing em like that.

All the best and keep us updated!

James

Old 09-14-2008, 03:59 PM

I got really lucky. There was a guy down the block from me selling it. He bought it new and just never rode it. The only modification from stock is a smoked front windshield. I walked up to his garage the first time I went to see it and it looked like it was strait off the showroom floor. I agree that the rear end looks a little awkward but I'm more worried about not wrecking it then modding right now.