New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

First Bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question First Bike

Hey everyone, so Im new to bikes and have decided to go with a CBR 600 F4i for my first bike. Just finished my MSF Course and am ready to go. Now I know right now is probally the worst time to buy a bike because of the fact that everyone wants a bike right now and people that are selling them are price gouging the sht out of them. But I want one now! Anyway I have been looking at some potentials, and this seems to be my fav so far: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...lpid=1&cat=144

Now Ive got him to come down to $4k which includes the warranty for 1 year through Honda and a couple of misc parts (muffler, new mirrors, turn signals, etc). From what Ive been told the bike has been reguarly serviced however it has been laid down a few times, and it shows it, scratches everywhere. Now again this is my first street bike and pretty much accepting the fact that I will most likely lay the bike down at some point. So the scratches dont really phase me. My only concern is that the bike has just about 17k miles on it . My intentions are to have this bike for a couple years then sell it to get a bigger newer bike. Is this a good deal? Or should I bring him down in price more?? Any suggestions or opinions would be great!

Old 04-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there Cbr4Lyfe, glad to hear you took the MSF course prior to purchasing. I'm still on my first bike ('03 F4i) so you won't hear any cautionary advise about getting a 600cc from me. But be careful, please. This last week we've heard of at least three riders go down just days (even minutes) of aquiring a new bike, and those were only the one's that we heard about, lol. It's that time of year I guess...
With the bike, that seems like a reasonable offer. But like any other vehicle purchase, just make sure it's mechanically sound; you know? 17K on a '04 is nothing, plus it appears to be bone stock, which I would tent to favor over a heavily modified bike. Don't get in a rush, there's plenty of bikes out there and it's a buyers market.
Feel free to ask around any questions you may have and let us know how you do.
Welcome to CBRF

Old 04-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to CBRF!! :-)

17K on a CBR600 engine is a walk in the park especially if it's been serviced ... some of
these bikes go on to well over 100K and are still going strong ... regular, good quality oil
changes is what I live by :-)

Enjoy your stay and be safe!! :-)

Jules

Old 04-28-2009, 11:24 AM

Thanks everyone for the input! Gonna try and talk him down to $3600 I think. It's just kinda beat up so and with just about 17,000 miles I think that's fair. I'll let ya know what happens!

Old 04-28-2009, 07:38 PM

Congrats on your choice on a cbr 600 f4i. i just bought a 06 sat and dropped it the same day lol. be careful. if u can put sliders i wish i did now my fairings is all scratched up. and other things but its all cosmetic. i take my msf course the 8th so hopefully i dont go down agaiun for a looong time lol. have fun and be safe. This site is perfect for newbies like us

Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by goodboy718
Congrats on your choice on a cbr 600 f4i. i just bought a 06 sat and dropped it the same day lol. be careful. if u can put sliders i wish i did now my fairings is all scratched up. and other things but its all cosmetic. i take my msf course the 8th so hopefully i dont go down agaiun for a looong time lol. have fun and be safe. This site is perfect for newbies like us
Yea the bike has some on there already but it has been crashed a couple times to so even with them on there its scratched up preety good. The sliders really just help take the intial impact and save your fairings from being destroyed. I'm gonna get it inspected to make sure everything is good to go on it before I buy it.