New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

f4i for starters

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f4i for starters

First of all I have been riding dirtbikes and atvs since I was 5 years old. I also rode a moped for a while to. Im 19 now and I am looking into getting my first motorcycle. Since I do have some experience on and off the road with two wheeled vehicles I was wondering if the honda cbr600f4i would be a good starter bike for me? I am aware that it is almost as powerful as the RR but is a little more comfortable. I prefer honda cause they are reliable. So any input would be great thanks!

Old 04-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello kaylor99, I'll give you the thumbs up on the F4i; that's what I started on without any previous motorcycle experience. You ought to be just fine, imho. If you're not endorsed yet, I'd suggest taking the MSF couse; it's money well spent. Also, you may want to get a few insurance quotes beforehand seeing as you're still fairly young, just to see how much you'll be paying. Besides that, just let us know how you do in your search for a bike.
Welcome to the forum

Old 04-23-2009, 03:08 PM

Thanks alot I appreciate it. Now I was looking into the 04 f4i because I think the bannana seat looks more comfortable. Is this true or is the one peice seat just the same?

Old 04-23-2009, 03:14 PM

On road and off road are two different beasts. You probably want to go here

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/new...-600-read.html

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/new...o-further.html

Old 04-23-2009, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by kaylor99
Thanks alot I appreciate it. Now I was looking into the 04 f4i because I think the bannana seat looks more comfortable. Is this true or is the one peice seat just the same?
banana seat is more comfortable in my opinion. i ride a 2001 f4i and my *** gets sore around 60 miles, which i think isnt too bad.

my buddy had a newer f4i and i rode it a couple times. there is a big difference in the comfort between the 2. i just like the split seat look better.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:14 PM

On road and off road are two different beasts. You probably want to go here
Well the reason I want the f4i is because I will be getting my motorcycle license next month and during the time between now and then my dad is practicing with me on his vtx 1300. This bike is not for beginners either its so big and bulky but thats all I have right now because I dont have the money to buy a bike and Im leaving for the navy in a month and a half and just wanted to get everything done that way when Im done with boot camp I can get a bike of my own. If not for this I would be buying a better "beginner bike" but technically my biginner bike is going to be a vtx 1300 lol.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie

Hi & welcome aboard!
The F4i is not a beginners bike per se, but as long as you dont get nutty with the throttle you should be fine. It's EASY to ride and control so take it easy out there and keep the rubber on the road

Old 04-24-2009, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by hondajunkie
Hi & welcome aboard!
The F4i is not a beginners bike per se, but as long as you dont get nutty with the throttle you should be fine. It's EASY to ride and control so take it easy out there and keep the rubber on the road
+1 tho I usually recommend a ninja 250 for a starter bike. Dirt n street are two different worlds lol

n a scooter is umm well I dont have to say it lol