New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Born Again in VA

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Born Again in VA

Figured I would throw up an introductory post after trolling here for years.. I used to ride an 00 black/orange F4, but have since moved on to my new pride and joy.. I found a 2002 Silver/Red F4i with only 690 miles on it, what a cherry!!!! Snagged it at KBB value, so I cant complain. I wanted one that was mint, and I found it. Pictures soon to come, its completely stock and need to do a few things first I love this site and hope to become a known member to the forums now that I am up on one again, or sound on two.. Whatever wets your whistle I hope to meet up with some of the fellow NOVA riders from the forums this season and enjoy what life has to offer. Ride safe everyone and take care of yourselves..

-Rob

Old 04-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Default RE: Born Again in VA

Hi there, sounds like a nice prize. Where the pics at son?!

Old 04-11-2008, 03:03 AM

Welcome to the site and the addiction(they haven't found a cure yet)!! .. What a find btw!! ..We want to see pics NOW! lol

What area in NOVA are you from??

Old 04-11-2008, 11:20 AM

Thanks guys!!I live near Alexandria, and I’m going to try and snap some pictures this weekend... The guy who owned it before me bought it new and stored it in his garage, and barely ever rode it.. He kept it meticulously clean The only downside is before his driveway was paved, he basically set it down gently in the gravel once on each side while trying to move it around,putting very minor scrapes on the plastics and engine cover.Heis a smaller guy and made the F4i look like a big bike lol..That’s about all this bike has seen in the last 6 years. He just had it serviced too! The air filter, spark plugs, and batteryhad all been replaced, and an oil change was done. On the service receipt they also put carbon fighter in the gas as well, I’m guessing it’s because it was sitting for a little whileand maybe hadbad fuel? A very comprehensive 600 mile service I must say, and the bike was under 600 miles when it was done back in August! Very rare to see something like this, I could notpass it up... If I did I knew I would kick myself in the *** and would loose a lot of sleep over it after lookingso long for a decent F4i after getting rid of my F4. The guy was very cool, kept it in his garage for a weekwhile I was getting my own storage situation worked out for the bike at a friends house for the remainder of the winter (I bought it back in the beginning of Jan)I couldn’t have thought of a better way to kick off the new year!!

Of course I have to thank my wonderful woman for supporting me and my passion for riding, and allowing me to get another one I’m going to have to get her out this season and show her what it is all about, and why we all love it so much. Maybe then she will understand it a little more.. I’m even considering not getting a high mount for the bike so I don’t burn her beautiful legs. The things I will do for this girl Hey, I sold the first bike, didn't I?!?

Old 04-11-2008, 01:16 PM

Welcome! Looking forward to the pics.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=welcomesign.gif] Hoon!
Glad to have you here and what a find!
Can't wait to see the pics [sm=massbounce.gif]

Old 04-16-2008, 07:49 AM

Welcome! I'm in Fairfax, also new to forums, and also have a red/silver 02' (bout 10K miles though).

Definitely looking for NOVA people to ride with myself, check out dcsportbikes.net too I just registered on there they seem to have a big group of riders in the area and I think they try to get together at least once a week. It's my first bike, and I need to get out there and ride before my woman makes me sell it!