New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Better streetbike: F4i or RR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 04:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better streetbike: F4i or RR?

I was pretty sure I wanted an F4i since I came off a YZF600r and don't need the latest and greatest or the absolute most power, but want a bike that has smooth power delivery and capable handling. Top end rush is another thing I like. I've been scouring eBay and see they made the RR in some of the same years as the F4i. I just thought the RR replaced the F4i.

Good streebike for me means it can hold a steady pace without bouncing around and gets decent gas mileage, can corner well but I'll probably never track it and while I love cornering and dropping a knee, but lets face it, corners are few and far in between. I do love finding empty stretches of interstate road. So that is where I'd spend most of my time.

Ease of maintenance greatly enhances pride of ownership for me as well. Whichever has the stronger gearbox (durable 2nd gear= no problems?) could be the deciding factor.

They both look good to me and I think they both take 120/70-180/55 and a 525 chain. Inverted fork, I've never had and have been happy with traditional one, so no gain no loss there I think. Maybe whichever is easiest to change fork oil in would be preferred. Also, on my YZF, the rear shock seemed to run out of gas around 20,000 miles....so whichever one is longer lasting would be a plus.

Again, I drove a gixxer that had fuel injection that was new to the motorcycling world and it was terrible. Very notchy. Its like the throttle operated in notches and was not very fluid, so this would me a main concern as I've never owned fuel injected bikes.

I'm guessing the RR would be more expensive, but probably not by much.
thanks for your help

Last edited by fella; 09-04-2010 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would most likely going into the F4i section and ask the question or use the search engine thingy..

Welcome and Ride Safe....

Old 09-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have ridden both ... before I had ridden both I would have automatically said the F4i for the street, it looks bigger and more plush ... but, once you have tried both then the RR (esp. from 07 onwards) has so much more get up and go and a much stronger midrange ... it is also surprisingly comfortable for what it is .... I use mine for a few hours at a time with no problems, I am 5'8" ... I guess the F4i would be better if you wanted to carry a pillion with it's plusher seat but if you just want to ride solo for a few hours at a time then I would take the RR everytime ... that said, you should try and get a go of both because the F4i is a seriously nice bike too

As for the fuel injection my 600RR is absolutely seamless and smooth wherever you come off or on the throttle, the top gear acceleration is so good I find myself trying to change up a gear as I can't believe I am in top sometimes ... also, it cruises beautifully and smoothly between 70-80 mph with no vibes or tingles, it is as relaxed or as fast and frantic as you want it to be.

Many times these things come down to what do you prefer the looks of ... I know I am biased to the RR since I own one but it is much pokier to ride and that makes it much more fun for me

Good luck and let us know what you do...

Last edited by Juliet; 09-04-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the f4i is a 600 they do make other rr models for those years but are not 600 like the 900rr 929rr 954rr but anyways welcome to the forum id take the 600rr but both are great machines.