New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Another noob

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another noob

[Posted in the ever going introduction thread, though I think it would get exposure as a new thread altogether]

Ok ok, to the ladies, the hottest man has finally arrived. To the guys, don't hate, cause I'm just bull****tin' (dont tell the ladies though).

My name is Jason, I'm 33 and I have a ride-a-holic problem <insert claps here>

Actually, I haven't riden since 1995 and have just recently seriously considered (ok, damnit, I AM going to get) getting into riding once again.

Though, I'll tell ya, I left the "scene" with a 600 and I think I'll be entering it with a 600, just until I get the feel back I guess.

I'm into all types of Honda's, between my wife and I, we have 4, well, now 6 Honda vehicles. The Accord V6 is hers, she's pimping like that, I on the other hand have a 93 Civic Hatchback (built GSR) putting down 680whp, a 99 Civic Si (built B16A3, however, it needs work due to my stupidity or rather half assness), a 1991 Prelude Si and I just acquired two 1988 Prelude Si 4WS (one with a JDM B20A swap running and the other with the original B20A5, blew a HG and I'll be finding out soon once I pull the head if the head is shot or not). I have a thing for the 3rd generation Preludes I guess you could say. I couldn't pass them up, just made the purchase yesterday of the two 1988's actually, only $1k.. not bad at all. It -was- unexpected and did cut into my bike "allowance" (as per the wife, aka, the BOSS lady) but yeah.

Sorry I drifted off a bit, but I figured we had atleast one or two Honda wrenchers here that might be interested. I start riding on a Honda Trail 50, I forget how old I was, not too old, maybe 7 or 8? I really cannot remember, I do remember having to ride it down the hill at my grandparents house and pop the clutch. My dad didn't want me doing that of course, but, boys will be boys.. but after doing it the first time with my dad giving chase AND doing it successfully (lol of course, I wasnt about to allow pops to give my *** the beating I knew was coming if I didn't pull it off) - he allowed me to do it all the time.

After that, I never got anything else. Long story shot, I lived with my mother for the majority of my life (she stayed in town, my father was military) and she did not approve of them. It wasn't until I was 17,that I felt I was old enough to decide.. mom'sstill didn't approve but, being 17and already delayed enlisted in the military.. she didn't say anything. It was a 1994 F3, purple/yellow. Loved it, but then sold it since I never thought I'd get to ride it given the branch of military I joined. Here we are in2007 and I'm wanting to ride again. I never did get into performance and back in 1994 I was just finishing up BBSing (with the old school modem for theyounger ones herethinking I'm referring to web forums) so, there wasn't a whole lot of support for bikes to be found as easily as today. I just, rode it.. nothing more really.

Anyway, again, I'm wanting to get back into the game. I'm definitely looking for a F3 (preferrably purple/yellow, but whatever) and hoping I'll find one sooner than later. That being said, I'll close with a whats up.. and I have a tendency to get somewhat consumed in forum life if its a forum dealing with a hobby.. of which with any luck I'll be making this an ACTIVE hobby sooner than later.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Default RE: Another noob

Hello and welcome to the site...

Old 07-17-2007, 12:05 AM

Welcome to the site!!! You say 680whp??? WOW! That's impressive. Sounds like you have a lot of talent with cars, and good to have another rider back in the community!

Old 07-17-2007, 12:04 PM

Hello & Welcome!!