New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

98 600, new to me

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 600, new to me

I have been looking for a project bike since my wife left me. She didn't want me to ride, but she's gone now. Nothing stopping me! I found a '98 600 that a friend had in his buddies garage and he needed to get it out of there. It had all of the plastic removed as well as the cluster, rear pegs and brackets, basicly all but the engine, wheels and brakes. It came with an extra set of rebuilt carbs and what he said was all the rest of the parts. He was going to turn it into some sort of Mad Max/ Frankenstein thing, but he has too many bike projects in his own garage. Well, I'm missing most of the bolts, the mirrors, and many of the bolt eyelets in the plastic are broken. I wanted a project, and I got one. It's been several years since I have had a motorcycle, and I have never had a sports bike like this. It's time for a whole new adventure! Time to jump into the forums.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 98 600, new to me

Welcome to CBRF vagabond!!! Sorry to hear about the wife, but glad to hear that you've suitably replaced her with a bike. Good luck with your project bike. I'm sure you'll find plenty of good advice and there is an excellent how-to section. You also don't have to dig too deeply in here to find alot of fun either. Enjoy your stay!!!

Old 09-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 98 600, new to me

Welcome to the board! Sounds like a great project ... take lots of pics and start a thread. Always neat to see the before, during and after shots.

Great thing is with the bike back together you have a chick magnet ... and it attracts the chicks that like bikes