Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Kansas City

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas City

Know of any good riding locations in or near KC?

Old 06-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Default RE: Kansas City

GL w/ that. The only thing half way decent is Blue river road. Get on around redbridge and take it up to gregory thru swope park. Blue river is under construction from the paseo to highway 71, so you have to turn north on paseo and the take a right at the first stop light, then a right at the next, and then the next left.

There's also the Wyandotte lake loop, Noland road from 40 hwy to 350 E down toI-470. longview lake has acouple decent roads, but lots of housing construction so tons of gravel on the road.

Parkville has some nice curves. Make sure to stop off at the Power plant brewery.

I don't know much about the NE corner of the city, going to hit that this summer.

Pretty much anything on the KS side is going to be in 1/4 sections w/ lots of SUV's and minivans with it all leveled and no great turns.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:56 PM

I found some nice twisties on old Noland off Ricky road. It's kinda inbetween 50hwy and 40hwy on old Noland. If you ever head out to
the Blue Springs/Lee's Summit area there is some really good twisties around Lake Jacomo. Try to make it back to the sail boat cove.
Weekends are crowded, but right now they are doing some road construction around the dam area so it has reduced car traffic. Thanks
for the tip I will check out swope. I forgot about that area...used to play frisbee golf out there. I highly recomend the above if you get a
chance. You will have to make several trips to cover the entire area and find the good spots, but has some knee drag potential on a number
of corners.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:05 PM

I live acouple blocks from Rickey Road, didn't know it was the same as 67th. Yea, that's a good road.The little afternoon runs I'll do on the way home from work is to go east on Bannister from Raytown, then left on Westridge, the right on to Brickyard (turns into Noland), and the up to Little Blue and turn left, and then over to Woodson.

I'll have to check out around Lake Jacomo. Thanks