Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Cleveland/suburbs info/help needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleveland/suburbs info/help needed

Hi all, I am a relative noob when it comes to working on bikes. I do most all the work on my truck myself and my regular job is in maintenance soI have basic hand tools, but nothing really motorcycle specific. However, having bought a used bike, I now find myself needing to figure out how to do some basic maintenance. I have changed the oil, topped off the coolant, checked the brake fluid front and rear. I plan on replacing the chain (past the limit indicators on the frame) and will probably replace the plugs and at least one tiresoon.

I was wondering if anyone with the proper tools would be willing to share some garage/shop time and show me the proper way to replace a chain and pull the rear tire off so I can get it replaced? I'll be getting the chain this week, but may not get the tire for a few weeks. Also, if anyone can recommend a shop with nice people and very reasonable rates, I would appreciate it. -There is a shop at Brookpark and Chevy blvd and the person I talked to on the phone seemed very easy going, but if any of you have more knowledge, I would appreciate it. (Staying away from the dopes at Sills Honda if at all possible)

Thanks much.
Mike

Old 06-14-2007, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cleveland/suburbs info/help needed

There is a video on youtube that shows you how to remove the wheels for your bike. It also shows how to adjust the chain.
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=buymoto