Ladies Lounge Off Topic Section for female CBR enthusiasts to discuss non-CBR related topics.

seating position

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to work in the fitness industry and when I ride I remember the "lesson" I used to teach on having a perfect core stance...it has helped me, and it will strengthen your core as well... you should keep a full arch in the area that is the small of your back, if you could imagine your shoulder blades being lined up with your hips with the small of your back indented. I use this position whether I'm full "crotch" leaning on the tank, or if I've slid back to the back of my seat. I only disregard this if I'm tucked for speed or wind protection! I also ride a Corbin, it's very comfy and wide so it's great, especially if you have a thin seat. Awesome on long trips. Def worth the $$!
On another note... I have severe carpal tunnel in both wrists, so the F4I was a pretty good choice in that I raised the handlebars a little, but I still suffer every trip. My hubby picked me up a Throttle Rocker. It's a little attachment that you slide over your grip that allows you to gently lay your wrist on a "flap" to control you speed instead of gripping the bars tightly. Highly recommend this $10 ish piece. Love it so much I have one one each grip. So, I'm pretty loose when I ride, it cuts back on the aches and pains!
Good luck! You're body will be use to it with the more miles you put on!...Have you got any pics posted?

Oh yeah...I used to hug the tank with my thighs as well, but I found it CAN make your lower back sore if you hug too tightly, I've loosened up almost 100% there, but still do this for speed. I guess my theory is the looser and more relaxed you can be while riding, the easier it is on your body, that's why a strong core is so helpful. It holds the rest of your body in a perfect position...
Sorry for rambling on!...

Last edited by CrazyTracy; 08-17-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: added content
Old 12-20-2009, 11:36 PM

Well it would just be a better organsim for ya girly. lol. (sorry if my speling is bad) But I noticed with my CBR 929 I was "riding" the tank more than I am with my CBR 1000. But leme tell ya a story......I was in an accident with the 929. And ended up denting my tank 2 inches. LMAO. Yeah....like that. BUT im ok. No damage to that area, just my poor baby got totaled. Work out your thighs and triceps. Helps out a lot.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:39 PM

I am 5 foot and so have to half lay on the bike to reach bars, as a result I dont have the crotch problem. I have a GSXR K1 as a trackbike, which is hoooge and since riding this I have changed the way I ride the CBR. I now ride with my pegs slightly higher allowing me to grip with knees and easier for me to move around on the bike as my feet are better placed on pegs, my but is further back and arms and hands more relaxed. Also less strain on my neck as I dont need to push my head back to look ahead.

I came off a streetfighter and was finding I was trying to sit up straight the whole time.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:08 PM

I just have a quick question, this is my first bike and I know that you are supposed to support yourself with your legs and core, but what about the seats on the '01 F4i? I think mine is shaved down from the guy I bought it from so I can touch the ground comfortably. But it's so solid and uncomfortable, I think my passenger seat is softer! So, is this common?