Seating Height

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seating Height

Hi, i just bought my CBR600 today. I'm so excited about it. Its been one of my american dreams. Oh, the bike i've got is a 2007 CBR600 brand new from the dealer, but since its an 07 i got a very good deal out of it. Its ultra blue silver colored.
Anyway besides of all the excitement having this bike, i forgot to ask the dealer if its possible to lowerthe seating height, since its just not lower enough for my legs to fully flat touching the ground. If any of u knows about this pls i beg u to give me direction. I read the manual but its not really giving me enough to fully understand about the way the suspension work. Pls help me thanks before ... i appreciate it

Old 03-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Default RE: Seating Height

vortexlowering links

Old 03-25-2008, 05:48 PM

I dont really understand, sorry i'm very new here. Not to mention also new in america too ... [8D]
Care to explain anyone ... ????

Old 03-25-2008, 07:42 PM

Seating height is not adjustable. Only compression,damping rates, etc are adjustable with factory suspension. If you want your bike "lowered" you'll need to purchase an aftermarket "lowering link" kit.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:27 PM

Alrite i've browse thru the vortex website, just wondering can it be done by myself. What skill level i need to install this lowering link ? To tell u the truth i'm kinda almost flat footed right now, however its just doesnt feel right yet.
Anyway pls anybody whoever tried to install this lowering link, lemme know ...

Old 03-25-2008, 11:04 PM

I wouldnt recommend lowering as the first option. Adjust the suspension to your weight and everything. Flat footed inst totally whats your looking for either. As long as the fronts of your feet touch, your fine.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:17 PM

True... I would stay away from them. You can always lean to the left side at a light to get one foot down, while keeping the other on the brake. The lowering links will take away from the suspension, etc.. You will also risk bottoming out if you come down from a wheelie too hard, as your header or lower fairing might touch the ground.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:10 AM

If you can avoid lowering the bike I would HIGHLY recommend doing that. Changing the seat position on the bike will drastically change how the bike handles. If you can use the tops of your feet to stop the bike after adjusting the bike to you're weight,you will be ok.

IF you can't do this, then go with aftermarket lowering links. But please pay the extra money and have a professional tune the suspension for you're weight and adjusted height. Also, don't forget about making a new kickstand.

May I ask... is this your first street bike?

Old 03-26-2008, 02:19 AM

Ya, if you can possibly avoid it do so, I'ma little over 5'8 and I can't touch completely flat footed, but you don't really need to.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:33 AM

When you're at a stop light, you should only have one foot on the ground anyways. One foot holding you up, the other on the rear brake. Now, you can also buy a set of boots with a larger sole if it makes you feel better. Even with a large sole on my boots, I can not flat foot on both sides. However, I have not lowered the bike and upset the handling characteristics Honda gave it. It may take some getting used to, but it's worth it.

Quick Reply: Seating Height