Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Losing balance when stop at the light, any suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losing balance when stop at the light, any suggestion?

remember if you lower the rear you need to lower the forks also.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:49 PM

I guess since one dude posted, I can as well. I've had the same issue, but only on big dirt bikes, so I can relate. What is taught in the MSF class is to use both brakes and to stop with just the left foot down. Keep your right foot on the brake because you may need to do that for a hill start some day. Also, by keeping your foot on the brake, you can slide to the left to touch down with your left foot more firmly.

Have fun and keep at it!

Old 12-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^

Your logic is flawed .. one guy does something wrong so that makes it ok for another to do the same?? .. um, no ... you have gone and posted in the ladies lounge and there will be repercussions ...

Jules

Old 12-23-2008, 02:17 AM

lol...I'm just trying to help... not all men are "***** substitutes," and once in a while, us dumb guys can come up with something that might actually benefit the fairer sex. It's not like I'm in here asking for nudie pics or what your bra size is.

Besides, having a girls only section is pretty goddamn sexist if you ask me. Consider my previous and current post akin to the bra burning you ladies did back in the 60's.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:10 PM

i would suggest lowering it as well. i'm 5 3 and was having a hard time at first with my bike, till my boyfriend lowered the forks. AND i got a pair of icon bombshell boots. they have a 3 inch wedge heel and help a lott.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:38 AM

Aww Juliet play nice. i think this is a very very important topic considering confidence is what will save your life on a bike. And she didn't ask about balancing the bike which i think is stupid, its not a game to see how long till u fall over.

1 option is to have the seat shaved. See how much fun you can take out and maybe rebuild it with a thinner gel pad, might even be more comfortable. I wouldn't lower the bike cuz ur right it sucks. But lean to one side and try and keep the bike as upright as u can while u do it. Do it with whichever leg you're more comfortable with. You should always be in first at a light anyways.