Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Hair in knots

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hair in knots

I will have to keep putting it in my jacket. Not sure wearnig a leather thong on my head will do the trick...lol

Old 10-26-2007, 04:56 PM

I'm just now growing my hair back out to wear it sticks out under the helmet and am starting to remember why I had cut it, but back when I used to braid it. My hair is too thick to fit under the helmet.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:52 AM

everyone is a comedian.... haha
the leather thong thing is a wrap that looks like you braided your hair. it goes down the hair up to about 1 foot.. approximate... it actually works rather well.
good luck
here are 2 examples
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Leath...spagenameZWDVW
& http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...spagenameZWDVW

Old 10-28-2007, 01:10 AM

I used to have long hair and would either braid it and tuck it under my jacket or use a ponytail holder every few inches down the ponytail to help it stay in my jacket if I didn't braid it. The ponytail holders won't make it wavy like braiding does.
It seemed if I just tucked it under my jacket, that some will find it's way out at highway speeds, so the ponytail holders work better than nothing.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:56 PM

Band it in at the neck, a few inches down and then at the very end or braid it.....but do not post in here again...it's not our fault you cross-dress....LMAO!!!! j/k

Old 12-08-2007, 07:23 PM

I always wear my hair in a tight french braid under my helmet - keeps things from getting so tangled in the first place. an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

ps - and if you keep your helmet on all the time then the other guys need not know your hair is braided :-)

Old 12-11-2007, 04:53 PM

I was hoping for some miracle "cure" when I opened this thread. You should have seen my excitement! lol
BUT... I have to agree with all of the above and can add one for you.

I've found that if I am not wearing a helmet (bad I know) that pulling my hair back in a pony or braid and then putting a bandana on top works well. Saves all the little hairs that don't stay up from tangling. Also, if you do put on the helmet when you take it off your hair is less messy (if you care about that).

Also, hoodies over bandanas work wonders too.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:38 AM

Depending on how long your hair is...you can pull it back in a pony tail and tuck it in your jacket. Mine I can just leave down because it doesn't tangle very much for me thankfully.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:52 AM

My wife puts hers in braids on the sides. IF she braids it in the back it doesnt work because her helmet pinches it against her jacket.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:36 AM

I know this is an old post, but I think I got everyone beat....

My hair is a foot from the ground...seriously. I'll have to add a pic later. I braid it and double back it up into a noose :P

Quick Reply: Hair in knots