Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Hair in knots

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hair in knots

Ok, before I get yelled at...Yes I know I'm not supposed to post in here, being a guy and all... So, sorry in advance.. But, I have long hair and the tangles are a bitch. Just wondering how you ladies with long hair deal with the knots.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Default RE: Hair in knots

ok seriously, no ladies here have long hair??? Boy do I feel weird..

Old 10-16-2007, 03:00 PM

Well, I got long hair....and the only way to really fix that is to have either really tight braid(s) or wear a helmet. Pretty much the only two ways I've worked it out. Unless you do 30 mph or less.

Katie

Old 10-17-2007, 01:03 AM

-hides behind girlfriend-

i used to have long hair. When it got knotted up I would get some hair conditioner (i used sauve at the time), wet my hair down and applya liberal amount of conditioner. Let it sit in there for 5-10 minutes, then using a comb, slowly start at the 'bottom' of the know, and comb down, starting a little higher each time. The conditioner acts as a really good lube so the hair can pull itself out.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:09 AM

-wife now responding due to scolding for posting here-

thanks for the help. Definately will try it.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:15 PM

If you wanting to know how to get it undone once you've tangled it up. Conditioner is you best bet. If you don't already use it everyday anyway, you should start doing that. That's a good way to keep you hair nearly tangle free to start with.

But if your hair gets really bad tangled, no matter how much conditioner you put in it will help. It's kinda hard but if you can submerge your hair in water you can almost shake it loose. In a pool is the best way I do it. That's in the most extreme cases, I wouldn't be jumpin in the pool everyday after I ride anyway.

I can't believe you have long hair and you didn't try to conditioner first.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 PM

ive never ridden without a helmet.. but in the vette with the top down i just use this stuff called 'citrashine'.. its just a quick shine agent but it keeps my hair from tangling or knotting like no other when its just blowin around.. it only takes a dime sized amount- dont slather that **** up in your hair, it will just look greasy and dirty. only on the ends- no the scalp! try it out.. its in the haircare isle. although it does make it next to impossible to get that sexy 2-seater hair.. but bein a guy- i dont think ur goin for that image persay

Old 10-17-2007, 11:16 PM

-wifes responding-

He uses conditioner daily, but his hair is down to the middle of his back. Always wears a helmet also. He started trying to keep it in his jacket so its not flying around as much.
Thanks again for the input.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:53 AM

My man has hair down past his wallet. He puts a coated hair band about fist-distance apart all the way down to the end - no tangles. Depending on what bike he's riding, he may tuck the end into his belt or inside his jacket.
My hair is to the middle of my back and I don't wear ponytail holders - I twist it up into a bun and tuck it into my helmet - when I take the helmet off, the hair comes down and looks great.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:20 PM

Have your wife put it in one of those leather thong hair braid straps. It is what some of the harley riders do. That way you don't have to deal with the wave from braiding it and if your hair is fine it will come out of the traditional braid anyways. But, yeah, sorry to say tucking it into your jacket is the easiest.

Quick Reply: Hair in knots