Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

First day on my new bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First day on my new bike

PM Gary (CBR_racin123) I know he's got a set. Don't know if he'll sell just one, but probably. Tell him RCKT sent you.

Old 07-20-2006, 11:23 AM

I tell you what i have rode dirt bikes and 4wheeleres all my life then got my 87 hurricane this past january, well in april i went and took my temps test to start riding. well my b/f said it just like a dirt bike, (please) i dont think it is. well anyways i went to the store and came back and we was sitting outside sitting on our bikes and he was giving me advice on riding. well here my bike was still in the making process had a few things needed fixed from the last person that had it and wrecked. well come to find out my kickstand was slightly bent and we always wandered why it sat straight up and the right. well like i said i was sitting on it and went to stretch and BOOM!!!! i dislocated my bad shoulder. just had surgery on it in nov. of 04 and just after the dislocation recently had to get another one. boy did i feel stupid and was so pissed when i fell seeing my shoulder pop out and knowing i aint gonna be riding this year. but i am tryin to get back into it with all the therapy its going good and just cruisin around town. tryin to take it easy.so dont feel bad at all. I WASNT EVEN MOVING.......LOL

Old 07-21-2006, 07:23 PM

Having ridden a dirt bike - esp as a kid, is a wonderful advantage for you, you'll pick up street riding much faster than otherwise. Altho o'course the bikes are really heavy and the suspension isn't the same ... :^0.

Good luck, hope your shoulder heals up soon.
-Susan
'04CBR600F4i
'04CRF250X - dirt!

Old 08-25-2007, 12:37 PM

Hey girl never get discouraged dropping the bike or making a mistake that is how we learn my course instructor said no matter how long you have been riding for you will still never be perfect you will always make a mistake somewhere down the road you will never totally master bike riding because you will make a mistake. So never beat yorself up about it just get back on and ride for the love of riding.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Riding was real easy and natural for me. But damn, stopping just sucked. I was too short and didn't have the strength in my legs to hold the thing up. My husband is like, i see smaller women then you holding them up. I told him up his . Say the least, i started serious ( for a girl) strenght training and it is like night and day. I feel sooo much better stopping because i can actually feel like i am not going to topple from too much weight. Keep trying. I am still nervous about quick stops but i am getting better. Youl'll do great! By the way, 2005 CBR600RR, bought mirrors on EBAY. good deal too. Same as you, laying it down when stopping. Good Luck!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:10 PM

New to Forum but not riding. Glad to see there is a female only post area also. Also very glad to see another woman join the still too small ranks of female riders.

You should never worry about dumps or even crashes, they happen. Some your own fault and some others. I have been riding now for over 30 years and I have had my fair share. Started at 10 with an old Indian dirt bike. When I was 13 my father arranged for me to motorcross in the amateur races, you can image the male hassling (late 70s) I was taking and I didn't care. There is nothing like flying threw the air on a motocycle. Fell quite a bit when I was doing that.

As for the street, Have been in 4 mishaps plus a few tips. One crash as a passenger with my father, two crashes on my own and the latest was last year caused by a male. I wasn't even moving, caused $3000 damage to my three month old ST. Happened on the Chicago Ride for Kids. This guy on a ST new like mine came up beside me we exchanged pleasantries, he then lost his balance, panicked, let the clutch out and cranked the throttle. He started doing dougnuts beside me, at least two. By the end of the second he hit my front wheel and pitched me over. His rear wheel skidded across the whole left side of my bike. Probably would have taken my foot off if I was trying to keep it upright. Found out later this guy had just picked up this new ST the day before.

The lesson, one should never be on a large group ride on a bike they are not familar with. I had over 2000 mile on mine already.

Keep the rubber side down

Old 09-30-2008, 03:41 AM

hey hollie...
i just bought the 08 cbr600rr and dont worry i dropped her the first day i took her out.....
i was so nervouse my bf was riding in front of me on his r6. and i took a corner to wide...let go of the throttle and well fell right over...pretty stupid but hey at least there wasnt much damage, a little to the mirror and that was about it.....
been out once after that still a bit nervous.
its the stopping that gets me, im not the biggest of chicks.........

Old 11-24-2008, 04:42 PM

im a new rider too my husband just got me a bike saturday i havnt rode it yet bc im waiting for my crash bar to come in bc it has custom paint im sooooooo nervous and excited any advice for me ladies?

Old 11-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: shrtbus

im a new rider too my husband just got me a bike saturday i havnt rode it yet bc im waiting for my crash bar to come in bc it has custom paint im sooooooo nervous and excited any advice for me ladies?

hey Bridget, if you have never ridden dont go out on the road yet ..go and try the bike in a large carpark or somewhere, unless the roads around you are quiet and you can just pootle up and down the road to get a "feel" for it all ..whatever you do dont rush to get riding quick, take your time ..there is all the time in the world and you have nothing to prove to anyone out there, also get some professional training too .. never feel pressured to go fast or feel that you are learning too slow, we all have our own pace :-)

Enjoy the bike and stay safe!! :-)

Jules

Old 11-24-2008, 05:01 PM

im checking in to the class they have here they offer for first time bike riders i was going take my farings off but i found a cage on ebay last night i ordered id like to post some pics but im having problems posting apparently they are too large ill let my husband take a look but here is the link to myspace link i have em posted on there i plan to ride in a empty parking lot a highschool on the weekend once i get my cage i absolutely want ride on the public roads until i take the course