Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

First day on my new bike

Old 07-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Default First day on my new bike

Hello everyone. I am soooooo happy to see a girls only posting site so now I can spill the beans and you can all feel for me rather than laugh like the guys would. I just took the motorcycle rider course and bought a honda cbr 600 f4i. Took it out in a parking lot with my boyfriend and tryed the ol' quick stop taught in class. My wheel was slightly turned in to the left and the bike fell right over.

Well you think that was bad, my honey fixed the mirror by drilling a hole in it and reattached it. Then we went for a ride on the road. I was SOOOOOOOOO nervous!!! But I did great. We took a wrong road and had to turn around. He took me in some sand and rocks. I tryed to back up the bike and DUMPED IT again. Good thing I have stunt cages, however; the mirror _ well thats shot to ****... So if anyone has a set of mirrors lying around let me know. Two times in one day. I was so discouraged. Any words of encouragment? I did manage to put 100 miles on the bike today, but I realized that trying things you did in class on a little 250 is not the same as a 600. Just when I thought going to the gym was paying off-that bike tossed me and their was NO way I was saving it from falling. Stunt cages are the best. Plastics still look great, and the mirror - well thats a different story. Have a great weekend ladies....
Hollie

Old 07-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Default RE: First day on my new bike

I just test drove my new bike today. Getting a '94 600F2 (upgrading from a Ninja ex500). I was actually terrified but the ride was GREAT! I love how it feels - was so smooth and stable compared the kawi. Felt very secure on it. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

It's been dumped at least once and has the scars showing, so it's gonna need some touch up (or a lot of) paint.

I'd never thought of stunt cages, which hubby just showed me in a catalog what they were [8D]. He also showed me roll bars and so I'm thinking about those since they are less intrusive.

Old 07-15-2006, 03:23 AM

i know this is a girl post only but i just wanted to let you know
that theres not a person male or female thats rode for a while and hasnt dropped a bike
and you get alot of respect for getting back on especially in the same day and riding a hundred miles
i wish i could get my wife to ride with me
have fun riding and dont let little stuff like that discourage you

Old 07-17-2006, 12:42 AM

yay i feel for ya!! i layed the bike over the first time too... but the b/f came to the rescue and i did great the rest of the night what a rush..im excited to get to the point where i can go out on the road and ride with him rather than ride behind him (though being a passenger is fun) more fun when you get the thrill of it yourself

as for words of encouragement..dont give up just yet...part of learning is making mistakes...and at least you are making them at low speeds...my b/f thought i was gonna quit since i layed it down right off the bat...but i knew that was just stupid and saddled back up and did great.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:47 AM

Don't give up!!! Thats all I have to say about that. I was the Queen of stop and drops for the longest time, but i (think) I finally outgrew it. lol
Good for you getting back on and going on, you will get the hang of it. I just upgraded to an f4i from a GS500F. It sure is a world of diff.
Good going!! Stay safe out there.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:04 AM

Good for you getting right back on. We have all been there, done that. Your cages sound like a great idea and keep your plastics from getting beat up, so you've got one up on most of us right there. I wish I would have thought of that years ago when I started. (well, maybe they didn't even make 'em yet??) LOL! Yeah, i've been on 2 wheels for 17 years.

Keep on keepin on, it only gets better! [sm=signs003.gif]

Old 07-17-2006, 01:26 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Yeah boys can be dumb. When I had my 250, I heard much crap from then. But in all, everyone loses their footing and drops the bike. It's because we're not used to it yet. I dropped the 250 on an incline, caught it and was sore from doing so. I only scratched the mirror. As for the F4i, I dropped it on both sides once way in the beginning of riding it b/c I felt too short to hold it up. I put minor scratches in both fairings that I got fixed, due to some @$$face driver cutting me off and making me crash last year. Well, anyway I bought some bigger boots and got used to the feel and leaning it to one side. Now I no longer use the bigger boots and am fine on the bike. Be safe girl...and tell the boys you'll pop them one if they don't knock it off! Be safe!

Old 07-17-2006, 01:40 PM

My boyfriend always tell me one thing... There are two kinds of riders, ones that have gone down and ones that will be going down soon. It happens! Like everyone else, I am glad you got back on there. Hell, I remember just the other day when I fell over on DThompson's bike, I felt like an idiot. But, he made me get up and do it again.

It sucks that some of the guys think its cool or macho to pick on us. Just prove to them that you are just as macho as them! Maybe that will shut them up...

Old 07-17-2006, 05:07 PM

Worry not Hollie, everyone's dumped their bike, after all, we're riding something that won't stand up on it's own!

I can remember once when I was still on my Yamaha Seca, rode up to another gal on the same bike - and we BOTH had the exact same scuffed up spots on our fairings and mirrors. I broke the brake lever off on that bike before I was done with it....:'o

And have really gotten only support from other riders, male or female....again on the Seca, tipped over at a stop light and the guy in the car behind me jumped out and helped me pick it up. Men universally say geez I wish my wife would ride. So keep up the good work, practice lots! The world would be a better place if everyone rode motorcycles.

-Susan
'04CBR600F4i

Old 07-18-2006, 10:25 AM

Thanks for all your great words of encouragement. I took my bike out yesterday with my boyfriend and he said I need to work on turning and quick stops, going straight he said I had no problems.

The first day I took the bike out and guess what, IT STAYED STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN. I didn't dump it. LOL!!! Crash bars are the best thing in the world and I would suggest everyone have them.

New rider or not, they save your plastics. My boyfriend told me yesterday that one of his greatest joys is riding with me. That pushes me even harder to keep it up.

Thanks again girls...
P.S. if anyone has a spare stock mirror for the left hand side for an CBR F4I, I am willing to pay for it. Let me know...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.