CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Ladies Lounge (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/)
-   -   attacked again tonite (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/attacked-again-tonite-42878/)

ladybug600 06-25-2007 12:04 AM

attacked again tonite

i have a question for everyone men and women whoever wants to reply. i'm damn near in tears right now and i want some answers. every summer that i have been on a bike....(4 now) i havehad an incident where i have been "attacked" by a car or truck. last year i was actually hit (not bad just a slap from his mirror on my leg). as i said last year i had a man in a black SL500 come up on me fast...when i tried to move out of the way he swerved with me and speeded up, i proceded to swerve and speed up to get away and he did the same. it was not until knowing i could not shake the v8 with my 600 on thoes roads that i quickly dodged onto the double yellow taking a chace coming around a corner and slammed on my brakes. He swerved at me and clipped my leg. tonite i had 4 boys in a lifted pickup do a rolling burnout out of a parking lot (after hootin n hollarin at me) came up behind me and fishtail by me at the lat second cutting the wheel. i was alone everytime something like this happens. and each time i'm not in a position to do much other then getting out of the way. this is more then i'd like to handle. my honey insists its because i'm a lone women on a bike and he's taking this very hard like he cant protect me. do any other women have this problem with other drivers coming at them? i'm beginging to think maybe i just should never go out alone again. i usually done get scared and i dont dresssexy or make eye contact with any of these men they just come at me. lucky i am constanly aware and i can get out of the way but i'm terrrified of one of these daysnot seeing them.....please feeback ladies, why is this? i cant think in this day and age that people have that much a problem with women on bikes just cuz we're chicks.

CBR1000 06-25-2007 01:47 AM

RE: attacked again tonite

Wow that's BS. Maybe get their plate number and call the cops next time? Coming from a guy, I've almost
been hit a couple times but I've never heard of anyone getting chased down or messed with like that.
Don't let it stop you from riding. I know you asked for a lady reply..sorry I just saw this pop up and
had to reply.

Kewl Breeze 06-25-2007 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: ladybug600

do any other women have this problem with other drivers coming at them? i'm beginging to think maybe i just should never go out alone again. i usually done get scared and i dont dress sexy or make eye contact with any of these men they just come at me. lucky i am constanly aware and i can get out of the way but i'm terrrified of one of these days not seeing them.....please feeback ladies, why is this? i cant think in this day and age that people have that much a problem with women on bikes just cuz we're chicks.
i have no clue wtf's going on with weirdos clipping ur leg but the other stuff are common complaints by women and the guys trying to show off 4 you don't realize they're endangering your life .. i guess they can't differentiate a bike from any other scenario they would be hitting on you. as sad as it sounds the reality is (based on what i've read by females on other forums) that the only way you can avoid it is to go out of your way not to show your femininity when you gear up; e.g. tuck your hair under your helmet etc.. you can't hide everything but that way it takes them longer to realize you're a female and by that time you've hopefully already passed them.

02cbrf4i4u 06-25-2007 10:54 PM

That’s really messed up. I don’t care who I see on a bike....hottest girl in the world, Ikeep my room while in my car. I know that the last thing they need distracting them is some guy trying to hollar at them while riding! If I ever saw some d-bags doing that to agirl ether in a parking lot or street I would say something to them. All of the girls i ride with are probably more responsible than me while riding andif I saw some guy messing with them I would take serious offense! I know that girls can handle themselves, but what girl wouldn’t be intimidated by that while riding. I don’t think you should not ride anymore alone....but just don’t pout yourself ina situation that your out of control of. Just pull over...I do it. If I have a car Fing with me and I don’t feel like puttin it up to 130 and leaving them a mile back, I just hit the next turn off and let them pass.

..guys can be douche bags when they see girls riding......ive had to call my friends (who dont ride) out on it....

SchiraF4I 06-26-2007 09:29 AM

Id say get a gun licence and holster that sucker on your belt in plain view

Ruftags 06-26-2007 02:26 PM

Don't give up to stupidity. As for you honey the time will come when he is only a block away, then GAME ON!

rrasco 06-29-2007 05:30 PM

where you live at, sounds like you need an entourage! lets go ride and give em something to f$ck with...

krash 06-29-2007 08:33 PM

Iwould be strapping a gun. and a camara. the gun strapped to side will deter 99% of them, the other 1% let the law deal with when you turn in the vidoe of assualt with a motor vehicle.

zz 06-30-2007 06:20 AM

I'm sorry sweetie...all I can say is some guys are just horndogs or just phyco. Many of those similar incidents has happened to me. Two weeks ago I just had gotten off of work and was on my way to taco bell. After getting it,I was on my way back home when this truck comes up behind and had turns off its head lights, drive right beside me trying to get my attention.I ignore him trying to seem as if I didn't notice anything, then hetrys to ram right in to me, going over half way into my lane.... then goes back, drives up a little...turn on his lights look at me, turn his back half way sticks out his tongue and does somecrazy thingwith it. I'm looking at him and at the truck ford 350 a white dodge ram, he seems to be a light skinned male, with blondish hair.Now we're comming up to a street light, its red and I was at least 2-3 cars parked behind. My gas light is on, and there this ghettogas station at the corner where normally people get rob, afraid to get gas because he might follow. He's still trying to look at me, light turns green his not moving and I'm not moving...then he proceeds very slowly...I'm following, because i need to get to the highway...I'm afraid to take the back road. He driving very slowly, brakingand stuff waitingfor me to catch up. I speed up go at least 65 pass him, on a 35road. Hoping he gets the idea i don't want to be bother...he smashes....up cuts right in front of me and slams on his brakes and so didi because hecame to a complete stop on the middle of the road....what a @#$%^!!!!!! he goes back into his lane and looks at me trying to holla ...and that when I pick up my phone, and pretend as if i was on it....and thats when he dogs meandspeeds off..the crazy thing was my phone was broken, no cars were ever around and he fell for it. omg...all I can say is, be careful..always stay behind and have a working cell phone on you in case of a emergency. (I would have taken a pic of the lic. pl. but my phone was not working) so i can report it to the cops.

Now im up to a point of just getting a gun....because whether I'm with my boyfriend, family and friends incidents like this happens a lot to me. There's just crazy people out there. They don't care about anything but just getting want they want.My boyfriend doesn't like to me to walk or ride a my motorcyle, or be in a car alone....his so afraid he won't be able to protect me......

Sorry about what happened. I truly understand...Just be careful and take care...

ladybug600 06-30-2007 09:04 AM

thank you all and zz thanks alot, that makes me feel better. but here on cape cod there is no way to have a gun and the cops hate people on bikes anyway so if i chased him id probably get into trouble. this only happens when i'm alone, i've just been making sure i have been riding with myboyfriend lately. i'm not so scared as i am frustrated.

f3racer 07-01-2007 03:03 PM

i know im not a woman, but maybe this will help. read where it says handguns.

http://crime.about.com/od/guns/f/gunlaw_fl.htm

mattyrides07 07-06-2007 11:58 PM

Sorry, this has happened to you. However, from a dude's point of view- NO MATTER how hot or ugly you are... when a GIRL is on a bike you are HOTT!!! The reason male insurance is SO high is because our sex is known to show off. Take your own story for example- 1. a dude in a SPORTSCAR (showing off by just driving one) 2. a kid in a lifted truck (again, just TRYING to get attention).

If you don't want to add more attention (AND I"M NOT SAYING YOU ARE DOING ANYTHING WRONG), but maybe put your hair up inside your helmet??? Don't wear a girl-colored jacket??? or pants that show off your assests...if you get what I'm saying.

dwhite645 07-08-2007 05:02 AM

Wow, I saw the title from the main forum and had to check this out. That's pretty scary. ZZ's story is pretty scary too. There's a lot of ****bags out there on the road anymore, that's all there is to it.
I think most of this is driving/riding something a little more out of the ordinary and jealousy comes into play, man or woman. I always carry my .45 auto in the car anymore, just in case as a deterant. I've had people follow me before and took them all over a 15 mile area while on the phone with cops (driving in my car). Making every move and turn and even false turns and stuff where I would pretend like I'm turning. They later got busted when the cops caught up with us.
I think the best thing to do with someone following/messing around like that is to really hammer it, if it's safe, to get a good spread between you two then pull off into somewhere crowded or where ever there's people. Try to get really good distance because they're likely to run you down when you slow for a turn. Try to get a plate too. It is vehicular assault after all.

OKIEZAC 07-09-2007 10:58 PM

I dont think the attacks are because you are a female.. but b/c there are just some pure "winners" out there in this day and age.. and think its cool to scare people or are drunk or whatever excuse they have to be the garbage of society.. dont let it shake ya... move somewhere with a better vibe..

Z

rippn 07-10-2007 02:21 AM

Consealed permit, that what there for... learn how to use it, w/ your left.
Free and clean, Ripp'n

dwhite645 07-10-2007 04:53 AM

Here's some more helpful advice:

I find it most enjoyable riding between 7am-10am any day of the week - that is back roads type riding, rush hour traffic is totally different. Or early evening 5pm-8pm. The assholes come out in abundance between 12pm-3pm for some reason, and then later at night past maybe 9pm. Holidays and Friday/Saturday nights are also bad because of drunks.

HAVOC 07-11-2007 03:11 PM

guys are show offs and when we see a hott girl or worse a car full of girls we get into "holla" mode... on the flip side ive had girls do the same thing. especially on bike nights around here. its really sad that you've had to go through what you have explained to us (u too zz) i wish something could be said to make things better but nothing will change the childish/dangerous behavior that people have when they see members of the opposite sex and want to get their attention.

the other day i was riding on my way home after work and i look in my mirrors and see a bike flying up on me. so i move over to give them room and then i decide to get up with them. turns out it was a very attractive girl on a black/pink f4i. so were driving along hittin turns , splittin lanes , taking turns leading and finally we get up to a red light and i flip up my visor and say "hello" and "nice bike" all she does is give me a nod and takes off. kinda made me feel like she thoght i was tryin to holla .. but how can a guy ride with a girl and just be polite without her thinking differently.. same thing with girls in cars sometimes when a guy says hi or asks how are you.. he is just trying to be nice :) but i guess with all the assholes out there it kinda ruins it for the rest of us ..

kittswife 07-11-2007 04:55 PM

Havoc...you're right...I often find myself ignoring guys that try to start conversations or ride with me simply because there are so many assholes that just think it's hot that they've found a cute girl on a bike. I'm trying to be more open minded and give them a chance now and then, but most of them just keep disappointing me. I don't try to hide the fact that I'm a girl on a bike, I'm proud of it. I've got the pink jacket and pink helmet and I leave my hair down.Up until a year and a half ago, I was scared to death to get on a motorcycle. I overcame my fear becausemy husband wanted me to ride with himand now I'm addicted. I'd liketo saythat girls can do anything guys can do,and we deserve the same respect that they would give their guy rider friends...
You seem like a decent guy and I'm sorry that girl blew you off...if you're ever in PA...look me up! I'll do some lane splittin' and knee draggin' turns with you! Any day.

ladybug600 07-12-2007 06:33 PM

i havea lot of guy friends, who have never treated me with anything other then respect, which is why i find these assholes so difficult to deal with ya know? however it's nice because there being so overprotective now.... i've always got someone riding with me now and surprise surprise...no assholes! and i'm improving my wheelies!!!! lol

bmg velocity 07-12-2007 08:40 PM

This is gonna sound sexist but I have to ask.

Do you wear clothing, have your hair done a certain way, etc. that let's people know you are a girl rider?

Or is it just physical things you can not help?

I know those quesions sound bad, but I have to ask.

Too bad you live in Cape Cod,

If you lived near me, I'd take care of the next available bunch of dicks for ya, tip my hat, ride into the sunset.;)

almega 07-16-2007 12:30 AM

http://www.packing.org/state/images/...ma_ccw_new.jpg

Get a lisence to carry a concealed handgun, I carry a glock g19 with 15 rounds and one in the chamber. Its out in the open on my right hip in a blackhawk serpa cqc holster. Its done a pretty good job at keeping the losers away. Unfortunately it will scare fellow riders away sometimes heh.

Good sight for learning the ins and outs of carrying...
www.packing.org

Good sight for your states laws...
http://www.packing.org/state/massachusetts/

Firearms and holster choice should be run by you when you take your pistol training.

2QK4U2C 07-16-2007 07:39 AM

I don't think these girls are to the point where they're gonna start packin heat when they ride lol...

All I can say is if someone is fing w/ u, try to get away any way u can...even if u have to run a red light (when its clear) or take some other sort of evasive manuvers...sorry to read about the sht u went thru thats horrible....gl girls.

Det99cbrf4 07-18-2007 03:52 PM

Carry nails with you, when they get behind you, unload.

Hatebreed 07-20-2007 07:52 PM

man, i wish i could get a cwp.... but i live in ca... damn liberals... anyway, ill admit i chased down another girl on a bike, but i was on mine and i didnt do anything stupid. and i did c a girl on a 07 rr yesterday actually. but i did purse bcuz i was in my truck, and i would be sure never every do **** like that, just stare at them and let them think that i was wishing i had a bike too.

HAVOC 07-24-2007 01:20 AM

hope all you girls are ok and not having any more problems :D

devlzluv 07-29-2007 11:53 AM

that sux and im sorry u had to deal with people like that. when i ride with my friends and people do that on purpose, 1 friend takes 1 side and i take the other and we punch there side view mirrors and break them(thank god for the knuckles in the gloves). if people are gonna try to wreck u then i say take out stuff that hurts them

baileyjn 07-30-2007 11:31 PM

For the guy who chased yuo down with the V8: I recommend you upgrade from the 600 to a literbike.

For the guys hollering at you and fishtailing: A friend of mine always carries a pistol while riding. You might want to get one, and if anyone gives you any trouble, blow out their windshield.

twisty 07-31-2007 05:18 PM

Girl, I just don't know what to say about the "why" part.... I do know that it pisses me off and I'm so sorry you have to suffer the brunt of other people's obvious mental health problems! And people want to tell me that feminism is outdated when a girl has to fear that sort of bs when she's just trying to have a good time. Ridiculous! My favorite cliche quote could be amended to say "feminism is the radical notion that women are people....who like to ride bikes too." I have trouble endorsing the "gun" solution, but this sort of thing makes it a lot more appealing! You don't deserve this, you didn't ask for it, and we just have to hope that they come up against you or another woman who's not in a vulnerable position and takes the time to teach them a lesson in manners! Hang in there darlin', and keep riding!

bluej511 08-07-2007 07:51 PM

I know i'm not supposed to join in (cuz i'm a guy and all haha). First i wanted to say sorry that this had to happen to you, i live in Worcester so i know how bad guys around here can be (not me though, im a gentleman when it comes to male/female riders, especially since i just started riding myself). Its the MA thing most guys around here are like that, especially on the cape where MOST people have money and just don't care.

Second, i posted in the NE section about trying to get a cruise/photoshoot anyone in MA/NH/CT/VT, i'm a very nice guy and would like to know some fellow CBR/Bike owners around the area. If you are interested, post up so i can make some plans. I think i'm only at 3-4 people right now (including myself)

rangerscott 08-11-2007 12:59 AM

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

For the guy who chased yuo down with the V8: I recommend you upgrade from the 600 to a literbike.

For the guys hollering at you and fishtailing: A friend of mine always carries a pistol while riding. You might want to get one, and if anyone gives you any trouble, blow out their windshield.

True true. But bullets bounce off of windshields.

almega 08-15-2007 12:57 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

True true. But bullets bounce off of windshields.

What the hell? I hope both of you are joking. You dont have any legal authority to fire on someone unless they are trying to kill you or cause great bodily harm. Only time you could use it would be if you had no way out. I mainly suggest carrying because alot of people will see it and not bother the person because of it.

There is alot of training, red tape, and consequences that go into carrying a gun LEGALLY, and depending on your state you may not be able to. Even if you do use your weapon legally, you can still be sued to death for it.

And please for the love of god dont think for a second that a bullet would bounce off of a windshield lol.

ladybug600 08-15-2007 09:24 PM

allright guys! i have my gun license and have been shooting for a long time now. thats not gonna help me when i'm on the road hitting a few turns by myself and someone comes up behoind me tosses a milkshake on my head so i'm totally blinded cuz my visor is down and i almost go off the road because i cant get my visor up by the time i hit the next twist........ just ranting and raving is all........ i'm sure many have similar stories. and it gets really frustrating sometimes because you just want to know why someone could be so mean. and thank you to all those guys and girls who responded so nicely.

bluej511 08-16-2007 04:55 AM

Well i was riding back from a friends house sunday around 8ish (been riding for probably a week now haha) and these guy in a sport bike blows right past me and cuts me off by probbaly only a foot, and man was I pissed.

ladybug600 08-16-2007 04:41 PM

ummm ok

bluej511 08-16-2007 04:50 PM

Haha well im just a beginner and the guy literally came into my lane right next to me and i had to move a bit i was like wtf.

Its not only car drivers that suck, motorcycle riders can be just as bad.

Well anyways i dont think a gun is going to make much difference but scare everyone on the road and the driver then he'll run you over by ACCIDENT

racer212 08-16-2007 06:46 PM

Get a gun... :eek:great answer.My answer is to stay cool and use your head to get away. Your bike will out perform anything 4 wheels on the street, learn to use it and the rest is easy. Use the bikes size to your advantage, things like ramps up to a sidewalk are your friend. Get somewhere public.

A gun very rarely helps anything, especially if some asshole has you rattled. In order to be safe, no matter what the circumstance, you gotta cool headed when on two wheels.

That said, I'm not anti-gun. Most of my family are cops, I'm a reserve cop, and I've had a concealed carry permit since age 18, but I never carry on a bike. Just in most circumstances there is a better way, a gun is always always an escalation.

almega 08-17-2007 09:52 AM

That said, I'm not anti-gun. Most of my family are cops, I'm a reserve cop, and I've had a concealed carry permit since age 18, but I never carry on a bike. Just in most circumstances there is a better way, a gun is always always an escalation.
Having a gun (open carry, not even drawing it) has kept me from getting mugged once, its stopped harrasment at stoplights because they typically see it and wise up, and I've been shown more respect and I've been treated better overall from law enforcement because of it. I'm just reccomending the possibility of open carry, thats all.

<speech from one CHL to another>
Also, if you're not going to carry while on your bike, why even have the permit? Do you only wear your seatbelt or helmet when you think you're going to get into an accident? That one time you dont have your gear or helmet on could be the one time your life ends due to you not having your saftey gear, same thing goes for the gun:) View it as saftey gear!</speech from one CHL to another>

BTW I think your advice about getting to know your bike and being proficcient at it is amazingly valuable. A lighter weight person on a 600cc+ bike is going tobe way more manuverable and able to outrun anything on 2 wheels, get proficient with your bike and you'll have less problems. At the very least you should be able to dodge a milkshake from a car!

As for the people on 2 wheels, keep your distance and pay attention to the road, hopefully they will get the message and not hound you. Unfortunately there are many 2 wheel on 2 wheel accidents a year from people that do stupid things like this.

josephalter 08-21-2007 10:02 PM

I want to firstly say that these guys have gone far beyond the qualifications for declaring them to be stupid and also to be jerks. Someone should drive a tank into their car/truck and crunch up their rides into pieces, making them fear for their lives. And then they should do it again, and again, and again, at totally random moments seperated by hours/days/months until the fear has permeated them to a level that they will never be able to shake.

I also want to say that you may be positioning yourself to look far more sexy than you realize. There is a woman who I'm aquainted with that has got the most amazing body in the world, but she is clueless when it comes to how men react to her appearance. She dresses like a slut and when I talk to her about how nice her (ample)body parts are being shown off to me and everyone else in the office she claims that her dress style is perfectly conservative and it is the norm around the office. It is anything but. Her thong straps are showing 25% of the day and half of her breasts are airing out for all to see. The first thing I noticed about her on sight was the presense of 3 or 4 tatoos which should have been covered up especially for her making the first impressions of everyone around the office. She was clueless and would deny any innapropriateness she would/could be accused of. She daily causes me to curse my existence that does not include her in my bed every night. Some men have overactive desires and can be set off by some skin. Some men act upon them irrationally.

I am not saying you are for sure showing anything like that off, but I'd would bet money on it.

Raven 08-22-2007 03:03 AM

On one level, you can only try to avoid the milkshakes out there. Nobody has the right to accost you, for any reason. On another level, if one gets cornered, one should have a plan. If I crash, and there's fire, that's a bad place to have a firearm. But...an entourage of Martial Artists who ride could easily be found at a nearby training center, and you could learn skills that could render attacks obsolete. I haven't met a Black Belt yet who's been in a streetfight. There's something about the process of becoming that translates into a universal language that says : "Go mess with somebody else, Punk!"
I've given alot of thought to this, and I have begun to incorporate my CBR with my other weopons of proficiency. I guess I'm pushing Taekwondo, the fastest growing sport in the U.S. Gee, I wonder why. Wish I could do more. My Grandmaster runs several Dojangs in the Louisville, KY (and one in Albuquerque!) area if your interested.Pax,G.

twisty 08-22-2007 07:32 AM

Geez, Joseph, that was kinda creepy! Sorry the hottie at the office has your panties in such a wad, but I don't know how that really helps the rest of us.... As women at risk of being attacked just for being female everyday of our lives, most of us have learned by now when we can dress sexy and when we can't. I'm guessing that for the vast majority of us on most days, full riding gear is the way to go for practicality reasons because most of us are really just here to ride and not to tempt poor helpless boys into attacking us! Still, it does suck not to be able to just ride up to the store in shorts and a tank top without being harassed or maimed by some random ****....