The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic
View Poll Results: What year do you own (1000)?
87, 88 (MK1)
30.08%
89, 90, 91 (MK2 +92)
33.05%
93, 94, 95, 96 (MK3)
34.75%
97, 98, 99 (MK3+ non-US)
3.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

What Year Do You Own (1000)?

Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mines a "93"
The previous owner painted it in metallic flake gun-metal Grey ,, and painted over the decals and all !
At least its automotive paint LOL!! Gonna change out the fairings back to stock soon as I can find a fairing replacement from a descent parts bike as I cant find any reproduction body parts new ,,unless I spend twice over what the bike is worth. No such luck so far, but until then ,,I just ride the way she is ,,she shines up pretty good with the paint on it currently so ,,its all good .

Attached Thumbnails What Year Do You Own (1000)?-8.jpg   What Year Do You Own (1000)?-9.jpg  
Old 04-23-2011, 09:39 AM

The 94 I just got the last guy did the same thing xcept with black plastic coat. It doesn't look too bad but its gonna need some love. (mechanically as well as cosmetically) Will be postin picks here pretty soon.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:21 AM

That plastic paint is a lot easier to get off then automotive paint. I can't remember how many times I've had to remove spray paint , plastic paint , and ,,house paint from my ATV's that I've bought from people that went graffiti crazy with a spray can or paint brush. LOL!! But I feel your pain in having to deal with it Mother1000f-er.
I'm gonna take these body parts over to a professional body shop and have them work their magic and have it done right. If anything I'll have a vinyl wrap done , I've seen a few bikes sporting them and they do look really cool . I'm currently looking around for some stock colored un-molested body parts to have for spares or if I wanna sport the stock colors. Post some pics of that bike bro , you'll find all kinds of info and help here with getting your CBR in top shape . Keep us in the loop.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:16 PM

Mine's an '87, one of the rarer 1000f's, LOL. She used to be blue (so I'm told), but was painted Arrest-me-red and white like a Japanese flag. I get a kick out of the ***-end design, kinda reminds me of the Starship Enterprise in "The Wrath of Khan". But I never have trouble with her warp drive and kling-ons don't stand a chance. Would be nice to have photon torpedoes though.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:58 PM

Very Cool . Having a 87 is a treasure to have , but have the cam chain tensioner checked out as that was a bit of a thorn in Honda's side on the 87-88's.
That year also was cutting edge and the proud owner of the 1st bike to break the 130 hp mark not to mention a 155-160 mph top speed was a eye opener. The old CBR 1000 is a bit on the heavy side , but will eat many bikes made today up for lunch ,, not bad for a 20+ yr old design,, and built to last , a great choice in any of the old school bikes.. I LOVE mine! Beam us up some picture's of that warp speed kling-on beating starship of a bike bro!! LOL!! Oh, Alpine blue /white was the color I believe.
Speaking of rare ,,there's a 87 orange / black hurricane on craigslist (FL Listing) local to me ,for $2500.00 in nice shape by the looks of it. I dont want to break any forum rules so I wont list it on here , and I cant list a posting on it because I'm a Junior member. I can't afford to buy another one,,it is tempting , but I would love to pass the info along to some of the members here to put it in a real CBR lovers driveway.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Steel Horse Rider
Beam us up some picture's of that warp speed kling-on beating starship of a bike bro!! LOL!! Oh, Alpine blue /white was the color I believe.
This pic doesn't do her justice, but maybe you will take my word that she is far perdier in real life. https://cbrforum.com/forum/members/s...flag-13967.jpg I know I get lots of looks and drivers actually see me. The cops too . Still learning how to use the forum, thanks for input in advance

Old 04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Smile

Glad to help Smiles.
Wow , hey that's a pretty cool paint design,,I'd keep it! Just add some decals.
Ya know ,,if you take the panels to an auto body shop and tell them to spray that exact pattern and add some clear-coat ,,that would look pretty cool!
It looks a bit like a divers flag ,, and its a one off. I can see why the cops take notice of you LOL!! It's like saying HEY (waving a flag) ..LOOK..I'm doing over the speed limit....PARKED!! LOL!
Good looking bike bro !

Old 04-25-2011, 01:47 AM

87 black and red - stock except for unbaffled exhaust

Old 04-25-2011, 02:23 PM

Wow, for a rarer model type CBR ,, I'm seeing a lot of the Mk1's on craigslist & E-bay these days! Quite a few on here too! Don't keep us in suspense now Chops,,,show us the photo's LOL!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Year Do You Own (1000)?